What's new

Cheers marathon on N@N starting tonight: Uncut episodes (1 Viewer)

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Normally, when a TV series enters syndication, time is cut from the body of the episode to sell more commercial time.
icon13.gif

But this week, and only this week, Nick-at-Nite is celebrating the addition of Cheers to their lineup by showing a Sunday-thru-Friday marathon of uncut, uncompressed (for time) episodes.
icon14.gif

I strongly urge you to watch it, and support any TV outlet when they show vintage TV reruns uncut (TV Land will be doing it with an I Love Lucy marathon next week as well).
The marathons run from 9 PM to 2 AM (ET) each night and will feature cast interviews. This will probably be your last chance to see uncut Cheers in any medium besides home video (hopefully there will be DVDs).
------------------
Petition to release The Mary Tyler Moore Show on DVD

PienSavaca

Stunt Coordinator
Much like onscreen bugs, squished credits and syndication snips, stations just copy each other until everything looks the same.... but we need ONE channel to lead the way to do something 'good' for once....
Make reruns FORTY MINUTE BLOCKS!!! 8-8:40; 8:40-9:20; 9:20-10, and so on....
Pros for the viewers: Your favorite shows of yester-year are not chopped up; the network can produce some 'value-added' material such as episode introductions, or a short 'behind the scenes' or 'bloopers' clip-- People who watched the original episodes would be watching never-before-seen materials.
Pros for the channel: You get all of your ad dollars; you have to buy less programming (3 shows per 2 hours instead of 4); staggered start times, will 'lock' viewers into your channel (that is, until EVERYONE starts doing it.)
------------------
"I got kissed... and, and, and I shoplifted."

Matt Pasant

Second Unit
There schedule is jacked. I had my replay tv grab about a half a dozen episodes the past two nights and I'll be damned if they dont start 5-10 minutes late on average.
-- Matt

Marty M

Senior HTF Member
I had forgotten that the theme song was longer. It has been shorten by about 1/2 a minute for syndication. Have they shown the episode with Coach meeting his daughter's fiancee? My all-time favorite episode of a great series.

Michael St. Clair

Senior HTF Member
To show them uncut for a few days, then show them cut from now on....it is almost like rubbing it in.
I'd be tempted to have canadian satellite if I could use a TiVo with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks