What's new

Check your weather? (1 Viewer)

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Anyone ever not notice the "check your local weather" option at the bottom of the HTF page? It is so small and out of eye shot, and all this time I have never noticed it before. It makes me wonder what else I am missing!

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I just noticed a little temperature readout on the main page. It is supposedly 33°F outside today. For those of you in Canada, does it read in Celcius? :)
Jay
Syracuse U. grad (L.C. Smith Eng. & CS) '95

Tom Rags

Supporting Actor
Whoops :b didn't notice the other thread about this. Still, this is a pretty cool feature!
Jay-
SU L.C. Smith College of Engineering grad (bioengineering) Class of 2000 (and soon to be '02)!! I'm finishing my last semester of grad school. What department were you in? Good to have a fellow Cuse engineer on the forum :)
Wow, and Scott goes to Albany? This should officially become the Upstate NY thread!

McPaul

Screenwriter
Real Name
Paul M
No Jay, I'm afraid us canadians get screwed on this one too, you can't select or type anything in the "city" box and without a city, it wont let you submit your "change of location". It does however let me choose between 4 different icon sets for displaying my weather, and It does tell me that it's 33 degrees in Central Park, NY, NY however! :)
Nevermind, I have got it working now, and I can choose celcius too!! :) -4 in Calgary at 7.30 this morning. Brrrrr!!

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
Hi Tom, I graduated from the (BS degree) Honor's Program with a double major in Comp. Sci and Math with a minor in Computational Science. I had a lot of the math and physics done since I was originally a Mech. E major (up to Fluid Dynamics/Thermodynamics) until I switched so to get a double major wasn't that hard at that point. I hear that SU finally built a new athletics facility up in South campus. I used to live right up there in the northermost townhouse on Winding Hill Road.
I spend a summer there too, researching computational fluid dynamics in High Performance Fortran (a parallel version of Fortran 90, not your father's Fortran, IOW), which is when I got my mountain bike and explored alot of the quarry behind south campus.
I no longer live in Upstate NY but I still do alot of hiking in the Catskills and the 'daks.
Paul, yeah, us Americans are always screwing you Canadians and the rest of the world. :) Getting weather from central park is also very inaccurate as we all know Manhatten is an island on the shores of the Atlantic Ocean and is considerably different than most places inland. I.E. I'm about 40 miles from NYC and we're easily 10-15 degrees colder than Central Park. And of course the city has more heat sources and more heat producing people. I wonder where the local temp is taken from cause I haven't yet clicked on the link.. i will shortly though..
Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation154
Recent bookmarks