What's new

Check Speaker Wires? (1 Viewer)

Keith RS

Auditioning
I have a Yamaha RX-V1000. Just connected my DVD player via digital optical and now when I turn the volume up to about -26db the Yamaha shuts down. Turn it back on and this check speaker wires message is displayed. Did I do something wrong? What should I look for?

Steve_L

Stunt Coordinator
While you were back there you may have inadvertently shorted a speaker white output. That's what the message is telling you. Go behind the system closely inspect all the speaker output terminals and see if you see any obvious shorts. if yes, fix and tuyrn on the system.

If not, then disconnect the speakers and turn on the system and see what it says. If it appears normal, then install the spaker wires one set at a time and turn on the system after each set and see what happens.

You probably got a short back there someplace on those speaker terminals.

Keith RS

Auditioning
That is what I thought, based on the message. However, it only happens when playing a DVD. I reset the system and tried with a CD and everyting was fine. I guess maybe because the DVD utilizes surround sound maybe one of the effect speakers is the culprit. At this point, I think I'll rewire all the speakers and see what happens.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks