Check Printing Software???

Discussion in 'Computers' started by Scooter, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
    Is there such a thing. Not the kind that prints on pre-made checks and simply fills in the blanks..but software I can create my own checks with from scratch?

Thanks in advance

2. John_Berger

John_Berger Cinematographer

Wow. I highly doubt that such software would be available to the general populous as there is just way too much room for fraud.

I would guess that your only choice is to work with a professional printer to have checks made to your specifications.

(Off topic) When's Scooterpalooza 2003? [​IMG]

3. Scooter

Scooter Screenwriter

Scooter
  4. John_Berger

John_Berger Cinematographer

5. Rob Gardiner

Rob Gardiner Cinematographer

My boss uses VersaCheck and has been very happy with it.

6. LewB

LewB Screenwriter

I use Versacheck and am pleased with it. You buy their blank checks and use their software to print your personal info on them along with the bank account number and the routing number. You can also add jpeg's or bmp's if you so desire. You can get a box of 750 checks (3 per page) for about $20. They have other check configurations also. It's lots cheaper than going thru Quicken or other provider. Only problem I've had is with the fact that the numbers at the bottom of the check are printed using your printer's toner which is not magnetic. I've had some check numbers show up incorrectly on my statement due to the fact that the numbers were manually entered. I'm guessing that the more expensive checks have numbers printed using magnetic toner. Anyone familiar with banks able to expand on this ?

7. Julian Reville

Julian Reville Screenwriter

I wouldn't recommend doing this for the reason that it would be too easy for someone to counterfeit your checks. Someone counterfeited at least one of my company checks to a local Kroger. It was a pretty bad counterfeit, but Kroger still cashed it, then tried to collect from me 3 times !

The only way I could get the threatening letters to stop was to threaten to sue. I hope the counterfeit guy gets caught soon.

8. Gary_E

Gary_E Second Unit

Scooter,

My experiences mirror what Lew said in his post above.
    I've been using VersaCheck Pro for 4-5 years.
    The blank check paper stock is high quality and watermarked for protection. I use only the blank check design function of VersaCheck, which allows you to print blank checks with sequential numbers, which I then use to pay bills with QuickBooks 2002 accounting software.

VersaCheck comes with it's own accounting software but I have never used it.

Regards,
    -Gary

9. jim barnes

jim barnes Auditioning