Check out this theater

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Glenise, Jun 28, 2003.

1. Glenise

Glenise Supporting Actor

This is a project Georgia Home Theater is working on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Adrian_S

Adrian_S Second Unit

Very cool... I like it![​IMG]

3. David Preston

David Preston Supporting Actor

I wonder what the price would be for something that nice.

4. Kal

Kal Agent

5. Jay Yo

Jay Yo Auditioning

The screen is too high? lol That's great. It is but its funny you would look at that room and say "Nice, but the screen is too high." A little goddy but nice.

6. Glenise

Glenise Supporting Actor

I would lower the screen and put those statues that are in the windows in a lobby.
    The columns I would put in a lobby or against the middle sides of the room agains the walls.
    Make the screen wider and taller, then move the statue windows in the front and make the front wall more horizontal by getting rid of the angled side walls in the front next to the left and right of the screen.

7. sean_pecor

sean_pecor Stunt Coordinator

David,

If I were to guess on price, it would be in the $60,000 range from start to finish, not including any decorative pieces or antiques. Those chairs alone are likely over $1,250 each (6 x $1,250 = $7,500). The projector looks like a Sim2 HT 250 which lists for $11,000.

Sean.

8. Kal

Kal Agent

Jay Yo wrote:

The screen is too high? lol That's great. It is but its funny you would look at that room and say "Nice, but the screen is too high." A little goddy but nice.

Sorry, but I don't see what's funny about this! I've spent quite a few years in various HT's in people's houses - it doesn't take long before you start to notice right away the things that are wrong -things that you never noticed first that are going to get fatiguing after a few hours of movie watching.

The screen height's the first apparent issue I see here: Your eyes are going to get tired of "looking up" at the screen after a few hours, but who knows - maybe this client always likes to sit near the front of movie theaters and likes to "look up" at the screen.

In the end the client's right, but it's up to the installers to at least inform them of anything that is done "out of the norm".

Someone else mentioned the statues/pillars... I'd also get rid of them for the same reasons mentioned above.

Kal

9. Daniel Becker

Daniel Becker Second Unit

I also feel the front left and right speakers are a little too close together. My 2 cents. [​IMG]

Dan.B

10. Chet Wilson

Chet Wilson Stunt Coordinator

It appears to be a pretty good effort. Nice seating and layout. The L/R do appear close but maybe the owner purposely compromised between look, performance, and room size. I can't tell how high the risers are but if you look at the back row the do appear to be sitting up quite a ways. Maybe the screen just seems high but from the seating perspective it is fine. The rest of the stuff is theme related...everyone has their own taste. Not a bad effort, not perfect but better than most.... bottom line I don't know the history of this project so it is hard to second guess.

11. Glenise

Glenise Supporting Actor

This is a theater that is in a showroom at Georgia Home Theater.
    Notice the similarities?
    Both theaters have the recessed windows up front.

[​IMG]

12. Glenise

Glenise Supporting Actor

Here is another one.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

13. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Well, I like it. :p)

It's got a bit of a classic theater look to it.

I particularily like the alcoves and the "marble" columns.