What's new

Check out this popcorn maker! (1 Viewer)

Brian Johnson

Supporting Actor
Those ARE cool Joe.
Let us know when you get it and how well it works.
If you have a camera maybe you could get us a better picture. There are no dimensions on the site (other than shipping weight)
I may just have to get me one of these. That darn microwave popcorn is just to easy to make to enjoy ;)

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
We have one at our office. Sorry to say, but it makes *terrible* popcorn. More than half of the kernels are left unpopped and those that are popped taste like styrofoam. Also, there is no way to position a bowl underneath it to catch the popped corn, at least a third ends up on the table. :thumbsdown:

It looks pretty, though.

Joe michaels

Second Unit
I just used it for the first time, and yes, it does shoot popcorn kind of crazy but if you had a container that fit right to the mouth of it, it would not shoot like that.
As for the taste, if you have never had air popped popcorn it generally is kind of flaovorless as you have to add butter and salt after the corn is popped. I think it makes a great decoration and it is useful in your Home Theater room. As for the size it is over a foot tall and at least 8 inches wide.
It's a cool thing to set on a table for show and to use occasionally. Basically a hint for better flavored air popped corn it to get a butter type spray and add it libearlly.
Remember when you used to make corn in a big pot with some oil? it basically tastes like that.

Scott Van Dyke

Supporting Actor
I got one of these a few weeks ago as a house warming gift. It's kind of noisey, and does shoot popcorn out kind of wildley, but it's fuctional. I'll be using it again.
htf_images_smilies_popcorn.gif
It looks nice on my bar in the basement rec-room. I suggest getting different kinds of popcorn and using some different seasonings; Butter too. (Styrofoam???):confused:

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
You can't put butter on top and have it drip down to the popcorn? I ask because like 15 years ago my parents had a popper (I think it was oil based) but at the top of the machine was a place you could put a pat of butter and it would drip down as the popcord was popping. My dad would also put like garlic salt/powder on it and the popcorn would come out amazing - it ruined all other popcorn for me which is why I never buy any at the theaters, especially with the teflon coating!

Anyway I think that machine either broke or is long gone and I'm looking for something to replace it in my own apartment...

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
i had one of those. after i realized that 50 was too much for a cheap popcorn maker i took it back.

even 40 is way too much for this thing. it will only be decoration.
it is not a good popcorn maker.

plus it's smaller then it looks in the pics.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Ooh, check this one out from Amazon! Kinda works like the one my parents used to have (down to the drip tray for butter).

Anyone own this and wanna vouch for it?

Jeff Rosz

Second Unit
ya carlo, i used to have one of those you described(not the linked popper). it was made by sunbeam. one thing about hot air poppers is....you cant get the salt to stick unless you butter it.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the tip! Luckily I like my butter (real, not the teflon coating they put in the theaters) so the salt will have no problem sticking on my batches! ;)

Seriously, I would probably use butter and then Lawry's Garlic Salt in combo. Mmmmm...I might just place the order right now!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks