What's new

Check out this new 12" driver (1 Viewer)

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I guess it goes without saying that these look very nice in pretty small boxes with the LT applied. The BASH amps appear nicely suited since they apparently don't contain an infrasonic filter. The 12" in ~1 ft^3 stuffed with the 550W model could get you to 20Hz/.577 quite nicely and probably be all a music-lover would ever need.

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Jack,

That definitely sounds good to me. Do you think the 8" driver can handle that much power? Or do you think it'll ever need that much real world?

Brian

P.S. We really need someone to modify an amp with an onboard LT circuit.

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
8"? You mean that MCM? This 12" is rated at 500w Pe, and it looks like it'll take about that in 1 ft^3 to get to decent volume. Even the 15" would only need 2.5ft^3 or so to model nicely and do well with the same amp...it's 3dB more sensitive.

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
Jack, I'm looking at the MCM page printout and it does say 16mm but I'm suspicious too. If this were a TangBand driver, I be VERY suspicious. TB tends to publish specs, then discover they can't hold them in production, then changes the specs to reflect reality. This driver though, I dunno - could be another MCM typo. To this day - flyer received yesterday- MCM still shows a 2.7 mm Xmax for their very nice 55-2185 DVC aluminum cone 8" which actually has a 4.1 Xmax. I look forward to checking this out against the TB 8".

Jack Gilvey

Senior HTF Member
I guess the most plausible scenario is 8mm each way and they listed total excursion, that seems more realistic. Still a cool little driver.
What do you think about this Stryke 12" in a cubic foot with a BASH amp, Hank...looks right up your alley. :) Brian is right, we need a little LT for the BASH amps (like you were asking Anthony about), then we could forget about "B*se-Beaters" and move right up to "Velodyne-Vanquishers". :wink:

Brian Bunge

Senior HTF Member
Don't we have some electronics experts here that could do the mod and provide us with the necessary documentation to take it on ourselves?
I still like the Bung(e) Hole Subwoofer! :D

A

Anthony_Gomez

oh shut up! only the last ones that were packed have a few finger prints....LIKE YOURS!!! (I think...er....hope :D)
actually, I think I got a strand of hair under the packing tape on Dans package! I leave you guys with all sorts of suprises :)

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
As long as the surprises don't smell and/or are sticky/slimy/goey, I'm sure no one minds Anthony :p)

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
Hey, I just found out that they are going to use a different sized gap plate than they originally planned. The results will increase Xmax from 22mm to 25mm :D

A

Anthony_Gomez

even better :)
any idea what the BL curves will look like on these?
I know they haven't been measured, but they have most likely been simmed.

Kyle Richardson

Screenwriter
John could probably answer the BL question better than I since I have not seen it graphed, but I do know its fairly flat.

Pictures should be up later tonight or tomorrow. The picture will show a 4 spoke basket but the basket being used in the production run will be the 12 spoke like on the Adire DPL12 and the Lambdas.

Seth_L

Screenwriter
Hmm two of these with 1000W and 4 15" Adire PR15s look more interesting than a Tumult with 4 Adire PR15s. Oh, why must you all tempt me so?

Seth

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks