What's new

Check out this delicious news for Bond score fans... (1 Viewer)

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
http://www.filmscoremonthly.com/boar...0986&forumID=1
Due Feb. 11, 2003:
DR. NO - same as LP
FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE - same as LP
ON HER MAJESTY'S SECRET SERVICE - expanded edition, remixed to 75+ min. (almost complete score - it wouldn't fit)
DIAMONDS ARE FOREVER - expanded edition, remixed to 75+ min., complete score plus alternates.
LIVE AND LET DIE - expanded edition, complete score.
FOR YOUR EYES ONLY - same as Rykodisc CD
OCTOPUSSY - same as Rykodisc CD
THE LIVING DAYLIGHTS - same as Rykodisc CD
Due Feb. 25, 2003:
GOLDFINGER - not remixed but will have 4 extra tracks from the U.K. LP at end of program.
THUNDERBALL - remixed, expanded to 75+ min. (almost complete score - it wouldn't fit)
YOU ONLY LIVE TWICE - remixed, expanded to 73 min. (complete score)
THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN - same as LP
THE SPY WHO LOVED ME - same as LP
MOONRAKER - same as LP
A VIEW TO A KILL - same as LP
GOLDENEYE - same as CD
The five expanded titles -- Thunderball, You Only Live Twice, O.H.M.S.S., Diamonds and Live and Let Die -- represent EMI, MGM and independent contractors such as yours truly working very hard in not a lot of time to get Bond fans the best of the vintage 007 scores. The sound quality on these titles is STUNNING. The CDs will feature the original LP programs followed by bonus sections of previously unreleased tracks.
No extra masters were available for Dr. No, From Russia With Love, or Moonraker (recorded in Paris). Feel free to complain but there was nothing anyone could do!

Chris Atkins

Senior HTF Member
Oh man this is great news! I have been buying a few of the old Bond LPs on EBay....usually for $1-2 dollars...but now I will be able to listen to them in my car too!!!

Kirk Tsai

Screenwriter
Does "remix" simply mean cleaning up the tracks? Or is there altering of the original cues?

Put aside that question, this is great news. I'm surprised though, why didn't they also include the expanded editions of Arnold's latest scores to make the release complete?

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Ow! I just fell off my chair, woohoo! Bond music fans rejoice!!
More music from Thunderball, You Only Live Twice and OHMSS!!![gasps]
But sadly no expanded Moonraker CD [one of my fave scores], ah well.
Fantastic news Jason, well done mate.:emoji_thumbsup:

Jason Adams

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Roger Jason Adams
So...did anyone get there newly expanded Bond scores yet? I ordered DAF, and I'm expecting it today.
Bump. :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks