What's new

Check out the new MX-500 (1 Viewer)

Tom Tubbiola

Stunt Coordinator
I just bought one last month. This one looks different. I think they have used a different material for the buttons.

Tom

Chip E

Screenwriter
"Cool, so this is a newer model or something??"
Yes, it's an updated version. "Gemstone" buttons as is on the upcoming "MX-700" I believe the idea behind the new harder material used for the buttons is that you don't second guess if you have actually pressed a button. I know my B&K 307's remote has the same soft buttons and i sometimes wonder if i've actually pressed a button adequatly. (B&K uses Home Theater Master remotes)....A raised rubber thumbpad for better tactile feel. The system off button is now round where, it used to look like the other rectangular buttons....nice remote, can't wait to get it. I was told by the place i bought it from ( www.rrdeals.com ) that it has all the latest firmware as well...

Doug_B

Screenwriter
I think I'm gonna wait until the MX-700 becomes available to the "common" folk. Hope that's this quarter. It'll also be quite a chunk of change, but the PC interface is very appealing.

Doug

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks