Check out Rotel's Homepage - All HT Preamps removed

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by george king, Feb 20, 2002.

1. george king

george king Supporting Actor

I was browsing Rotel's homepage, and checked out their HomeTheater section, where they normally list their amps, receivers and preamps. What did I find? All of the preamps are gone. They only list amps and receivers.
    Is this a sign of the imminent release of the RSP-1066?
    Have fun[​IMG]

2. Legairre

Legairre Supporting Actor

Sounds like it won't be long now.

3. Thomas_Berg

Thomas_Berg Screenwriter

Thomas
    i noticed that too...

4. Larry B

Larry B Screenwriter

It's actually been that way for some time now. I will not speculate as to it's significance.

Larry

5. brian a

brian a Second Unit

I still see the pre-amp link. I've been watching it for a week or so, and I have always seen it there.

brianca..

6. Evan S

Evan S Cinematographer

Is it just me or am I the only one to see the RSP-1066 in the Home Theater section. Sounds like they are going to imminently release the unit.

7. Will

Will Guest

The forthcoming RSP-1066 pre/pro is described at http://www.rotel.com/products/rsp1066.htm
    As to an immenent release it, well who knows. The dealers say March or so, but we have to see it to believe it.

8. John Tompkins

John Tompkins Supporting Actor

In the link provided by Will, there seems to be no mention of dd ex or some variation, did I miss something ? Also the crossover mentioned from 40-120 hz, does anybody know if this just pertains to the sub or all speakers like outlaw..

9. Sankar

Sankar Second Unit

I notice that the S/N ratio for the 1066 is at 95dB (stereo analog) and 92dB (DD,DTS). Isn't this somewhat lower than what other units have? I know that S/N is just a number, but still..
    My Denon 3801 has 102dB in direct and digital mode, the 5700 has 105dB and the Lexicon is around 111dB (and I'm guessing that the 950 is not too far behind).
    I do not quite know how to interpret the S/N ratio (I did ask, but never received an answer that made sense to me [​IMG] ) .. hence this question.

10. John Morris

John Morris Guest

11. John Tompkins

John Tompkins Supporting Actor

John Morris, since you already have the 950 I think you'd be the perfect canidate to compare these two units[​IMG]
    Seriously, if the Rotel is missing either analog bypass, dd ex or some variation...its already dead in the water

12. David Barteaux

David Barteaux Stunt Coordinator

Interesting. The 1066 licenced decoding software is exactly the same as the Denon 3802. No DD-EX. Although, DTS ES is compatible with, and will decode DD-EX source. I know this because of the disclaimer in my Denon 3801 user manual.

13. Steve G

Steve G Agent

14. JohnSC

JohnSC Stunt Coordinator

What do you mean by analog bypass? Is it the same as direct or source direct as named by other products. If it is, you are right. I will not be happy if they have left it out.

15. Tony Lai

Tony Lai Stunt Coordinator

Rotel better not make the same 'mistake' they had with the RSP-972 and have analog passthru only on the 6-channel input.

I doubt they would be so shortsighted as to omit this.

Again, someone needs to shake it down so we know everything about it. At the very least we need to look at the manual.

T.

16. JohnSC

JohnSC Stunt Coordinator

The RSX-1065 seems to have a 2 channel mode that bypasses all surround processing. Given the 1066 is based on the 1065 you would think it is included. The manual does not seem to be available yet. We will have to wait and see.

John

17. JohnSC

JohnSC Stunt Coordinator

It appears I was wrong on this one. The 1066 does not have analog passthrough. You have to use the 6.1 inputs.

18. Dave Morton

Dave Morton Supporting Actor

Dave
    This unit is up on the webpage now http://www.rotel.comJust thought you'd like to know.
    Anyone have a current price for this unit? What about upgrades from the rsp-985?

19. george king

LarryB,

The manual seems to imply pass through on the CD inputs. See pg. 13. However, I could be wrong.

20. george king

Larry,
    Yes, here is the link.
    http://www.rotel.com/html/owners-manuals.htm
    Just scroll down the page a bit, and you will see the link for the RSP 1066.
    Have fun, I just started reading it. This will probably be my next preamp if it sounds good. I want the Anthem, but the money isn't there (TV died, and had to buy a new one, and a new entertainment center to keep the wife happy). My dealer will take my Yamaha 995 on a trade in, so I will only have to pay about $1K out the door for the Rotel.
    If I can get 80% of the Anthem for less than half the price, I would be a very happy man.[​IMG]