What's new

Check Out My HT In Progress Pics Please (1 Viewer)

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
After moving into a new home 4 months ago, I have been sorting things out and working on different projects throughout. I now have the luxury of having two home theater setups. One is very similar to my last house, 65" rear and a 6.1 setup. The newer one is "Semi-dedicated" and is a Front Projection and 7.1. There is a ton more to do though.
Please look here or in my signature and give me your thoughts.
Thanks!
------------------
Link Removed
My Home Theater Pics
My Equipment List
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

Wes

Screenwriter
Real Name
Wes Peterson
Perhaps you need another hobby! Two nice theaters in the one house.....too cool! The Equipment rack in the dedicated theater looks great!
Wes

SHAWN SZILEZY

Stunt Coordinator
Michael,
Both setups look great! I also see that you are keeping Philips in business with all models represented. How do you like your ProntoPro? Be sure you post final pictures when you are done.
Thx......Shawn
icon14.gif

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Michael, very nice! In looking at your equipment list, I have a few questions. Why do you have both the Denon AVR-5800 and AVR-4802 in the main system? Why the Panasonic DVD-RP91 and Denon DVM-4800 DVD players? Is the '4800 used primarily as a CD/DVD-Audio changer? In the second system, why both the Denon DVD-2800 and Panasonic 'RP91? Is it possible that you have only one 'RP91 and it was an upgrade for the '2800? Note that these questions are coming from someone with hundreds of CD players, so I'm sure you have your reasons.
wink.gif

By the way, I am amused that you have quality components such as the Toshiba SD-9200 and Denon AVR-4800 as "spare parts". Are you looking to sell them or build a third system?
------------------
My:
HT Pics ; Equipment List ; DVD Collection ; LD Collection
KeithH: Saving the Home Theater World Before Bedtime

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
So let me get this straigt, you have a beautiful dedicated HT room and a setup in the living room with a widescreen RPTV and a good sound system. All I can say is:
I don't eat much, and I'll clean my own room and promise to take the garbage 2 nights a week of your choice and I....
------------------
ONCE, I CONSIDERED SPARING YOUR RETCHED LITTLE PLANET CYBERTRON, NOW.., YOU SHALL WITNESS IT'S
DISMEMBERMENT...
Link Removed

Jay Mitchosky

Senior HTF Member
Very nice. My question: Is GrayHawk the real deal? I'm convinced that it is fixed pixel applications, but always interested in users' opinions.
------------------
--Jay
"No one can hear when you're screaming in digital."
My Home Theatre Pictures...
"You're no messiah. You're, you're a movie of the week. You're a ... t-shirt, at best."

Neil Joseph

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil Joseph
Which one of your HT's do you prefer to watch movies in and why? In the FP setup, you have made the most out of the room which is narrow but the equipment fits in nicely.
------------------
Link Removed
------------------
My Favourite DVD's

Jon_B

Screenwriter
Looks great.
icon14.gif

Sometimes between work, this forum, and everyday life I find it hard to sit down and watch a movie. How do you find the time to watch movies in both setups?
Jon

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
Thanks for the kind words! I forgot to mention that my equipment rack used to be a coat closet. I now open the door from the side and I now have instant access to all my equipment connections.
Shawn-
I obviously love Prontos..but I am not the best at programming them. Thankfully, Andrew V has been there for me to design excellent programs for me. There are some glitches in the Pro Editor that need to be ironed out still. I really like the color station logos though.
Keith-
Very valid questions indeed. I have been known to be a little excessive at times and this is one of those times. I was a little impatient waiting for the Denon 5800 upgrade and getting my equipment rack wired up. I was very eager to get DPLII going for my 2-channel sources...so getting a 4802 as an interim receiver was a great option. I was using the Denon 4800 DVD player as a DVD-A player until I recently picked up the Outlaw ICBM. Now the Denon will be relegated to the Spare Parts section. I do have 2 Denon 4802's and Panasonic RP-91's in 2 separate setups. After having tried different receivers like Onkyo and Outlaw, I still choose Denon. And after trying different progressive scan players like the Denon 4800, Denon 2800, Toshiba 9200, Panasonic RP-56, Kenwood 5700, and the Philips Q50...I still chose the Panny RP-91...twice. I still like the 2800 for some DVDs.
I think I will probably end up selling a lot of my Spare Parts. I just gave my Outlaw Receiver to my brother.
Jay-
The GrayHawk is the real deal. I have a few contacts and tried a few DaLite screens. Although very good, there were too many people praising the virtues of the GrayHawk. I thought a very good indication of all this was how every FP manufacturer at CEDIA and CES were displaying their fixed panel displays with GrayHawk. Stewart's service department is without peer also.
Neil-
Invariably, we end up doing 95% of our DVD watching in the FP room. It is a bigger picture which is much more involving. Both setups are ISF calibrated, so I think they look great. I am waiting to do more in the wall wiring before we paint over the green that we both dislike. Unlike RonP, green doesn't work for my HT. Besides the room having new carpet for comfort, it tames the room acoustics nicely.
Because the room was narrow, it made sense to put the equipment in the wall. My biggest fight is in front of me...to convince my wife to get theater seats!
Thanks for the comments and keep them coming!
Special thanks to Andrew V again for setting up my site completely!
------------------
Link Removed
My Home Theater Pics
My Equipment List
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Michael, excessive, huh? Well you don't belong here.
rolleyes.gif
I'm certainly not excessive in my purchases.
crazy.gif
In any event, look at my HT pictures and you will see that I can relate. :)
------------------
My:
[Edited last by KeithH on October 31, 2001 at 03:20 PM]

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
Jon-
Even though I often work 50-60 hours a week, I make a point to watch at least two DVDs during the week and another two over the weekend. That is a goal, but quite often, we view more. One of the big benefits of owning your own house is that we can start a movie any time we want and not have to worry about keeping the volume low.
Keith-
You are out of control, man! You are all over the audio department. We just gotta get you to go bigger and better on the video end. It is a money pit, for sure, though.
I am actually considering upgrading that projector soon. We'll see.
------------------
Link Removed
My Home Theater Pics
My Equipment List
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

EricK

Second Unit
Real Name
Eric
I second Andrew!
You are most definitely OUT of control! and I thought I was bad........
smiley_jawdrop.gif

Eric
------------------
Long Island HTF Local Meets---interested? Email me!!!
If you have AOL or AIM and you see me online...feel free to buzz me!! EDKalet6

KeithH

Senior HTF Member
Michael, yeah, someday I will upgrade the video side of things, but I am more into music. My girlfriend, on the other hand, is more into movies. Whenever we go to hi-fi stores, I usually look for something for the audio systems, but she always checks out the big-screen TVs. She has already told me that I have to buy one. :)
------------------
My:

Trevor Schell

Supporting Actor
Michael,,You are out of Control!!!!!!!!!
and my inspiration. :)
Now you need to add some beefy seperate amps to
your set-up and enjoy some intense headroom.
I also picked up the Panasonic RP-91 the other day.
This will be used for playback of my DVD-Ram discs from the DVD-Ram camcorder.
BTW..Your set-up pics look great..FPTV..Hmmm! :)
------------------
Trevor..
shellshock.gif

Link Removed Sonically Enhanced
*Outdated pictures due to recent upgrades!

Earl_C

Agent
Mike,
How do you like the 10ht? I might be going for this soon. How quiet is it? This, to me, is as important as the video quality if not more so(I have a slight stigmatysm but my ears are fine!). Also what are your throw distances and screen size?

Michael Lee

Supporting Actor
Andrew V-
I think it is a well-established fact that I am out of control
biggrin.gif
EricK-
You were out of control until other priorities came up in your life
wink.gif
!
KeithH-
A girlfriend that demands you getting a bigger TV?!?! Where do I sign up?
Trevor-
Thanks! Coming from the reigning Upgrade King of Canada, that says a lot. Separates are a distant goal...I am already out of room in my rack, unless I move my multiroom amps to another section og the house.
If you can swing it, go the FP route...it is awesome! How do you like the 91 compared to the 9200?
Earl_C-
I really like the 10HT....a lot. You can find it for much lower prices than even a few months ago. It gives a bright colorful picture. It has a short throw so you can get a big picture with limited space. The downside to this is the fact that the projector itself could be right over your head. This is true with my setup. Fortunately, the 10HT is very quiet and no one has ever mentioned it to me. It is not distracting at all. The projector (and seating) is 14' away from the screen, and the screen is a 108" diagonal 16x9 Stewart GrayHawk.
The reason I am even considering a different projector is that I have seen the recent 16x9 native DLPs that have comeout and they look great. The blacks are much improved and colors that are vibrant and true.
------------------
Link Removed
My Home Theater Pics
My Equipment List
My DVD Collection
Link Removed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation690
Recent bookmarks