What's new

Check out my Home Theater (1 Viewer)

MarkPayton

Stunt Coordinator
Very nice Steve!

I love the stand you made for the TV - looks very professional. I have a Toshiba 40H80 and am thinking about a stand as well. Perhaps I will try to follow your lead and build one... Also like to see another Klipsch/SVS combo!

I agree with the earlier post that you may want to put your L/R mains on stands of some sort. Judging from the job you did on the TV stand, making pedestals for the speaks should be easy work for you!

Great theater!

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH
I thought about the stands idea, but I really don't think it would fly with the wife.

It sounds great the way it is.....so I think it is going to stay that way.

NickSo

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick So
Wow, i really like the stand as well... Great color, very professional

I might get a new 50-ish inch RPTV soon, and im gonna need to replace my current peice of furniture im using as a stand/component rack.

If you buy them, they cost alot, i'd much rather build them myself.. Do you have any tips on how to build them?

The only problem i see so far is that i wont be able to drill the holes for the rods, i wont have a thick enough bit, and i only have a Power-drill (those handheld ones that look like a gun)... any suggestions?

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH
Building the stand is very easy. Just go to the Salamander website and look at the technical drawings that they have there.

I used 5/8" threaded rod, cut to length. Corresponding nuts and washers, and little rubber feet for the bottom. All of this was painted flat black. The boards are 3/4" thick, 24" wide pine boards cut to length to match the TV. I drilled the holes for the rods all at once so they would all line up, the holes for the rods for the top board don't go all the way thru....only about 3/8" deep. Then I put a half-round edge on all the boards and stained them with a Cherry stain. Assembly is very easy......just thread the nuts down onto the rod, but the washer on, slide the first board down, then repeat the process until it is all assembled. Once you get it to where it is going to be used......level all the shelves with a level, that is the beauty of the threaded rods.....you can adjust infinitly.

It took me about 2-3 hours of labor to put this together....most of the time is spent waiting for the paint and stain to dry.

Good Luck

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
If you can't build a stand for the mains I'd at least find a way to tilt them upwards so that the tweaters point to your ears when seated. This will make a difference

Myram

Second Unit
Real Name
SteveH
Well I thought the upgrades where over........not quite so fast.
A Pronto remote is in order now.......5 remotes laying around is just too much.
And if I could find a pair of Forte II's in black.....those would replace my Quartets. And if I could find a pair of KG 1.5's in black, I would trade my oak ones for them.
But other then that......the upgrades are done :D

Scott-C

Supporting Actor
That's the great part of this hobby...the upgrades are never truly finished!

Steve, your HT looks great! Like others have said, I really like the homemade rack. I'll bet your movies are fantastic in that room. I also have a Mits (WS-65907) and other than the red push issue, I'm really pleased (haven't ISF'd it yet so red push is still there). It'll hold me until I build a dedicated HT with a FP someday (hopefully soon).

Have you thought about putting a little space between the sides of the rack and the speakers? I can't tell from the picture if there's room to move the speakers sideways.

Steven Simon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steven Simon
Nice Job there Steve.

One reccomendation though. I would move those speakers out at least a foot on each side from the TY. This will widen your front sound stage......

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks