Check out my 7.4 system...

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by james e m, Oct 2, 2001.

1. james e m

james e m Second Unit

Jun 3, 2001
    Well it's not my system yet, but I plan on starting on it soon. I wanted to hear everybody's opinion on it just in case I'm going overboard.
    Here is my possible Paradigm set up:
    Fronts: Monitor 11 (x 2)
    Center: CC-370 (x 1)
    Surrounds: Mini Monitor (x 4)
    Subwoofer: PW-2200 (x 2)
    Surround Subs: PDR-10 (x 2)
    Originally I planned on maybe buying 1 Servo 15 but the guy at the Paradigm dealer ( said that he would suggest getting 2 PW-2200 over 1 Servo 15 for around the same price. This along with CEDIA's recommendation in Stereophile that recommends that "more is better" when it comes to subs makes me want to go with the 2 PW-2200's. For the other subs, I plan on running the regular surround channel through 1 PDR-10 and running the Ex channel through the other PDR-10. I want to do this because my current system lacks the low end in the surrounds. Does anybody think this is over kill? Just curious. Any advice would be appreciated!
    When in doubt...Rock it out.
  2. Peter Overduin

Peter Overduin Supporting Actor

Jun 30, 1997
    I have much of what you list above. Setting the mini's to 'small' and routing all the LFE to a couple of subs seems to work well for me as well, with movies. However, I also play alot of DVD-A, DTS CDs, etc., and I still struggle with finding a good balance. The minis are a clear, crisp speaker, as is the CC370 - absolutley fantastic for both music and movies. You will have to work at finding the happy medium for music. In any case, that will be one honkin' system once it's up an running! Good luck!
    BTW - when it comes to subs, I don't believe in overkill! [​IMG]
  3. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

Sep 4, 1998
    Instead of the 4 woofs,I'd consider dual servo15s.
  4. John H

John H Second Unit

Nov 27, 1998
    1 servo 15 will offer lower extension than a pair of PW-2200's
    I use a pair of PW-2200's on my surrounds. 1 dedicated to each channel, for DVD-A and multichannel music playback.
    Bedroom Based System