What's new

Check it out.. New speakers from Stryke The S1B and S1MTM (1 Viewer)

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett

Dan Hine

Screenwriter
Funny you should post this, Brett. I have already decided to build these as well as the center that will hopefully be designed soon. I'm going with the MTM towers up front with MTM bookshelves for the back. I'm pretty sure that Chris Carswell has built these as well and for the money he really liked them (IIRC). I'll be building my own but I agree that John's cabinets look incredible! I'll let everyone know what I think when I finally get them done.

A

Anthony_Gomez

The price is definately right!

I am sure you can get better, but not sure at the price!

John E Janowitz

Second Unit
Hi Guys,

Thought I'd put up a couple quick notes here. The full webpage for these is at this address:

http://www.stryke.com/new/speakerkits.html

For those who already have the SA071's and TW1's, the new crossover schematics for the S1-B and S1-MTM are both posted on the page.

The intent for the S1 kits was to make a very affordable kit that sounds much more expensive than it is. I think the goal was accomplished. The S1-B kit is about half the cost of a Kit81 or GR AV/1. The S1-MTM kit is only around half the cost of a 281 or AV/2 kit.

A shielded center channel is in the works and will be available soon as well.

John

Brett DiMichele

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brett
I'm thinkin these mids would be perfect for a DIY Line
Array given they have about 4mm of X-Max, cross them at
100 and let a good sealed sub handle everything from 100
down.. Yep they could work.

John E Janowitz

Second Unit
Lynn,

Sending you an email in a few minutes.

Chris,

I do have plans for some monitors using the RTW2 and the SA071. The only issues are that the RTW2 is really too tall to use in an MTM alignment, and it also has a very limited vertical dispersion.

This kinda fits into what Brett said about line arrays and what Chris asked about alignments using the RTW2. I do have a large dipole baffle I did using 12 SA071 and 12 RTW2. Here's a pic:

This in some ways would be similar to the Linus array, but it is a large dipole instead of a sealed enclosure.

John

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks