What's new

Cheapr Preamps? (1 Viewer)

Sam A

Stunt Coordinator
is there anything out there that is cheaper than the outlaw?
really want to get my system up but spending this much on just a preamp is sickening.

gregD

Second Unit
Short answer... no.

When budget is a concern, get a receiver and use it as a pre.

You can spend less on a decent Denon, Marantz, Pioneer, Yamaha... and not lose a thing.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Buy used if budgets are tight. Last years models still offer most of what you could ever want and will be cheaper.

Sam A

Stunt Coordinator
heh, got all excited till I realized I was searching in STEREO pre amps! they should let you know at audiogon that proc means preamp

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
Sam, I will direct you to av123

Here is a link that talks about the announcement of a new pre that should be around the price you looking at. Release date is unfortunately scheduled for March, but it sounds like it might be worth the wait.
Check this link out for pics and info.
This could be the new Outlaw.

http://forum.av123.com/showthread.php?threadid=5132

If you can't wait then I second the receiver idea until you can afford something better.

Sam A

Stunt Coordinator
CHRIS, YOU THE MAN, I COULDNT READ THROUGH ALL 32 PAGES OR SO, BUT IT LOOKS SLICK, AND SHOULD HAVE WHAT i NEED. i WILL DEFINATELY LOOK INTO THIS ONE.

sooryy bout the caps.

im maybe ill do that little 5.1 midiland thing till that gets here

ChrisHeflen

Supporting Actor
You are most welcome.
I think if you order a package from them (spkrs too) then they will give you a Denon something or other unitl the Emo UL's ship. Then you send the Denon back and all your out is the shipping. Pretty slick.
I would see what you can get for $129.00 in a receiver before pulling the trig on the midland thing, unless you don't need much in the way of connectivity.

Richard_B

Stunt Coordinator
Sam,

If you're looking for something "right now" there are also products like this Kenwood 7100. Panasonic and JVC I believe also have similar products.

I would imagine this would fit into what ever space you have until you were ready to maybe upgrade to the EMO UL recommended by Chris.

Sam A

Stunt Coordinator
thanks richard, but I highly doubt the 100 watts per channel will be as clean as the power ams im getting. i want an all in one unit like that but i know it wont sound good [at very loud levels which i love to listen to].

i need to have my HT setup by thanksgiving and im ordering amps/speakers this week. everything should be going together. but at least I have something ot look foreward to in march:)

Sam A

Stunt Coordinator
brentl, do you use that thing?

first off, there are NO RCA jacks on it at all. its all mini jacks. plus it needs an extra box for 7.1. Why would you suggest this? im kinda surprised, especially if you say its a FANTASTIC value, i have never seen anyone else here use this or even speak of this.

Robert_Gaither

Screenwriter
You can also pick up a cheap decoder like technics, denon, marantz, and all these should be availible cheap on ebay.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks