What's new

Cheapest setup for 2 zone 6 speakers (1 Viewer)

myersgg

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg
Hi, I have a condo with 4 in-ceiling speakers and 2 speakers out on the patio. I'm looking for recommendations for the cheapest way to get them all to play music, ideally where I can turn on/off the 2 outdoor speakers since our patio is connected to our neighbors so no need to annoy them if I'm not out there :).

My current thought was to get something like the Yamaha RX-V683BL 7.2-Channel MusicCast AV Receiver (on Amazon for $330) but was wondering if there's a cheaper way to get this setup since I feel like I don't need everything that has.

Thanks!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Do already have the source you want to play the music from? As in, CDs in a CD player, or mp3s stored on a phone or other device?

That receiver is probably not your solution. I'm just trying to get specific info about what you want to play, and where from, then I can make suggestions.

myersgg

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg
Do already have the source you want to play the music from? As in, CDs in a CD player, or mp3s stored on a phone or other device?

That receiver is probably not your solution. I'm just trying to get specific info about what you want to play, and where from, then I can make suggestions.

Sure, I plan to play music through a chromecast audio, that way I can cast anything from my phone to it.

myersgg

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg
Does anyone have any thoughts or do you think that receiver may be the best way to go?

Thanks!!!

JohnRice

Bounded In a Nutshell
Premium
Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
That receiver is definitely not what you want. All you really need is a couple basic integrated amps. One for inside and one for outside. Do you want to play loud? Do you know where the speaker wires connect inside the house? I'll give some specific suggestions once I have more time and have those answers.

myersgg

Auditioning
Real Name
Greg
OK interesting. Yep all wires go into 1 location. I'd like to be able to play it fairly loud (not super loud) although I would probably pretty rarely turn up the volume too high.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks