What's new

Cheapest receiver with pre-outs (1 Viewer)

Vince Chan

Stunt Coordinator
I have just got a pair of Paradigm active speakers and I'm in need of a receiver that has pre-outs so I can finally put these babie to work! I'm looking for a CHEAP reciever, 5-channel, DD, DTS.. nothing fancy. I'm gonna use this as a stopgap measure until the receiver/pre-pro that has all the features I want finally comes out, which won't be for many months probably. Any recommendations?

J

John Morris

Vince: how much is cheap to you? You can get a new Sherwood Newcastle AVP-9080r 5.1 preamp/pro for less than $400 nowadays. I don't think that I could recommend off hand any receiver with preouts that would match that performance under that price.

Len Cheong

Second Unit
Vince, Pioneer has a receiver VSX d850s that I bought at London Drugs for $250US. It has pre outs and can do DD EX and DTS ES. Not that user friendly but does the job. I am presently using it with external amps.

Jim_Stu

Stunt Coordinator
Vince,

If you want it to switch video, you should be able to

pick up a Yamaha HTR-5280 for under 500 USD. It also has

a nice center channel equalizer.

JRS

Tony Yang

Auditioning
I am also looking for a CHEAP receiver with pre-out. How about Denon avr-1602? You can get one at buydig.com with $299. Do not know the exact shipping price. If go with Fedex saver(7-10 days), you will get it around $330. Not a bad deal.

Anybody knows other places to buy with cheap price?

Greg Robertson

Stunt Coordinator
I don't have a great suggestion (sorry :)), but thought I'd point out that on the denon 1602, I don't think it has pre-outs for more than a sub. (also, the 1802 doesn't include surround pre-outs).

EricHaas

Supporting Actor
The Knewood VR-510 has preouts on all channels and can be had for $400 online. I think it is also the cheapest receiver with THX cert.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
THX SELECT not full THX cert. Meaning it has only certain features, not that it meets all requirements.
Marantz SR5200 has pre-out and excellent music capability. Right around $400.

Andy_A

Second Unit
Look at the closeout HK avr210. It can be had for probably around 299 or maybe less online. It has preouts and looks nice, too..

Vince Chan

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll look into the kenwood, h/k and the yammie. I wonder which ones of the newly released yammie line has preouts..

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks