What's new

Cheapest Price for Good SVHS blanks? (1 Viewer)

AaronD

Stunt Coordinator
What do you guys normally pay for your SVHS tapes? I'd like to buy in bulk of 10 or 20... I've *been* paying around $5 a tape at stores. Anything better out there?

Thanks,

Aaron

AaronD

Stunt Coordinator
I'm unable to find any good deals on 160 Minute SVHS tapes anywhere... I can find a good deal on 120 tapes at Crutchfield, but nothing similar for 160 minute tapes...
Anyone? Anything?
Thanks,
Aaron

Bob Hickman

Agent
Hey Gang,

What is the best SVHS tape for the money? Are the more expensive tapes worth it? There seems to be the basic tape for around $3-5, and then they jump up to the 7-11 range.

Thanks

Bob

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Bob, the Fugi H471S tapes give better colour than their regular S-VHS blanks. I only use them for special things I'm archieving and to make my cable-access TV show. Maxell has BQ (Broadcast Quality) S-VHS tapes that are almost on par with H471S tapes. I say almost because it's been my experience that the BQ's have more dropouts than the 471's. The BQ's do have one advantage, they come in T-128 and T-182 lengths. The 471's come in T's 30, 60, 90, and 120. Buy acouple of the step-up tapes and see what you think. They're better tapes but the law of diminishing returns is at work and how important is better colour to record some things...? Best wishes! :)

Rachael B

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rachael Bellomy
Justin, I buy Fugi or TDK whichever I find a good price on. I think Maxell and JVC tapes are step behind. Best wishes!

Tony Kwong

Supporting Actor
Fuji! The best! The high end Fuji is even better, I've used a lot of different tapes and Fuji, Quantagy, and TDK are my fav. I have some old svhs tapes (never played more than once) with the same content on them recorded at the same time with the same equipment and the the Fuji have better colour and don't seem to degrade as much as cheap maxell, sony, etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks