Cheapest Kill in Halo?

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Mike Wladyka, Feb 12, 2004.

1. Mike Wladyka

Mike Wladyka Supporting Actor

Hey Guys,

Which do you think is the cheapest way to kill someone during multiplayer Halo? Me and buddy were debating this earlier. our debate was between these 2 ways.

1. Being Invisible and killing someone...god i wish you could turn that crap off

2. Using the rocket launcher to kill someone

any other cheap ways to kill someone in Halo?

2. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Screenwriter

Being in a Scorpion or a Ghost if the other person has noe vehicle. Running them over combined with firepower is cheap. At least against a Puma..err...Warthog, the person has a chance to get away.

3. BradleyS.

BradleyS. Stunt Coordinator

I dont think theres really any cheap kills in halo, The different variations of guns, vehicles and camoflages is what makes the game fun. The rocket launcher isnt very effective unless in the hands of a really good player. any half decent player can kill someone that tries to run you over in a warthog. The only cheap kill I can think of is killing people when they are paused.

4. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

Another one (that really isn't cheap) is walking up behind someone and hitting them in the back of the head (it's my favorite [​IMG])

But what I hate the most is when you battling it out with someone, just you and him man to man, both of your energies are very low; then some asshole comes along with a rocket laucher or what not and kills the both of you. I hate that shit!

5. Matt Pelham

Matt Pelham Screenwriter

Rockets are cheap, especially on smaller boards like Chill Out.

The cheapest kill is a spawn camp kill (ie. sitting behind the base(s) in Blood Gulch with a Scorpion and killing everyone who spawns.) I once played a BG slayer game where right off the bat 2 players on the same team got in both scorpions behind both bases and just annhiliated my team for like 20 kills. It sucked, kill by one tank, spawn behind other base, kill by the other tank, etc.

6. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

Yeah, Spawn killing is the worst and the sign of an immature player as well. A Spawn kill here or there by accident is one thing, but to park a tank on something to do it all the time is ridiculous.

My favorite way to kill someone is the good old fashioned pistol whip. Nothing more satisfying than that. Or the variation on it is to run in on the person, guns blazing, then once you get withing range, hit them with the pistol and kill them.[​IMG]

Rocket deaths are ok, but again, it takes a skilled player to really use those effectively. Sniper killing is the ultimate in sneaky combat though.[​IMG]

7. Mike Wladyka

spawn killing is terrible, that pisses me off

i don't like rockets because you don't even have to aim on small boards, you can be way off and still kill someone

i like to melee too, it is so much fun to hear that bone crunching sound...

does you guys play through xbconnect? some of the people on there are idiots...i also think that using a space as your name is cheap, and sitting in teleporters is cheap

8. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

You guys are reaaaally making me want to play Halo.[​IMG]

9. Mike Wladyka

i know that when i really need fix, i can't stop talking about halo....i think i am going to have to play tonight

LaMarcus, if you are on xbconnect tonight, look for either paleboy or theproduct, and join our game

10. Lee L

Lee L Supporting Actor

So, those who use xbox live as well as xbconnect, do you have any config problems going back and forth?

11. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

Mike I usually play Halo with Gamespy, I thought it was better than XBconnect. It seemed a little confusing to play it on XBconnect. Maybe I'll give it another shot. What time do you think you guys will start it up tonight?

12. Tom Vodhanel

Tom Vodhanel Cinematographer

>>>i don't like rockets because you don't even have to aim on small boards, you can be way off and still kill someone

13. BradleyS.

BradleyS. Stunt Coordinator

I tried downloading the gamespy arcade for online play and it wouldnt install. Any ideas about what went wrong?

14. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

Gamespy's install is a little picky. You have to make sure your following it to the letter. Also look at their trouble shooting page, it's pretty helpful.

15. Sean Moon

Sean Moon Cinematographer

using a space for a name on Halo.......why didnt I think of that? It always pissed me off in deathmatch when I am pulling my ninja tactics of hiding then jumping out of the shadows to kill someone when all of a sudden my name appears ont heir screen, ruining my trap.

16. Mike Wladyka

that's my point exactly...that why rockets piss me off, cuz you don't have to aim, just shoot at the ground and kill everyone, (no matter if you jump or not with) in about a ten foot radius.

LaMarcus, i know it is a little late but we started playing at 9pm, sorry i didn't post back but i leave work at 4pm and don't have a computer at home yet, it is on it's way...(i go over my brother's for halo)...as soon as i get my computer, i will be playing a lot of halo...you say game spy is better? i will have to try it...

17. Carlo Medina

Carlo Medina Executive Producer

Aha! Now we know what Tom V does when he's not building awesome subs! [​IMG]

18. Mike Wladyka

yeah, i think he say he played in some other thread....i can only imagine what sub he is playing halo with.

19. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter

Mike, I used XBconnect sunday, and it was simple enuff. Gamespy on the other hand is really giving me complication. Go figure. But I will be up for some Halo this weekend if you guys wanna play. May even open a thread on it in the online meets area.

20. LaMarcus

LaMarcus Screenwriter