Cheapest airfare question

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Jay H, Mar 3, 2005.

1. Jay H

Jay H Producer

Jay
    Hi, I've got a multidestination trip planned for mid July-August and wondering what the cheapest way to fly would be.

I'm planning a backpacking trip to Wrangell St. Elias in Alaska with friend of mine, plus a kayaking trip to Idaho before. But on the return, I want to go to Seattle to attempt to summit Rainier. So I would need a ticket to Idaho with a stop in Seatle. However, my friend in Idaho can get me on an Alaska Air companion ticket cheap from Boise to Anchorage so I really only need to get a way to get to Idaho and then to Seattle.

Possibility A: Buy individual ticket from Newark to Boise, then from Anchorage to Seattle then from Seattle to Newark.

As mentioned above, I am covered for Boise to Anchorage by my friend.

Poss. B: Buy round trip ticket from Newark to Boise then Boise to Newark

Sandwich in between that a round trip ticket from Boise to Seattle then Seattle to Boise. And in between that my friend will fly me cheap from Boise to Anchorage and back.

I'm thinking Poss. B is the cheaper way (though still it's not going to be cheap!). as I think buying round trip tickets would be cheaper than buying a bunch of one-way tickets. Just that I would have to fly to Boise first before flying to Seattle and then back to Boise on the way home to Newark... But other than that, pricewise, i think it would be cheaper, agree?

I'd like to get some ideas before I start playing with Orbitz, Travelocity, and/or Expedia.

Jay

2. Mark Philp

Mark Philp Second Unit

Mark
    Add your local travel agent to the mix. You might just be amazed what he/she comes up with especially with a rather coplicated trip.