Cheapest 25" TV that does the squeeze?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Dave H, Feb 3, 2004.

1. Dave H

Dave H Producer

I'm looking for a bedroom TV - decent quality - around 25" Needs to do the squeeze for anamorphic DVDs. I've heard of some of the Samsung models might be the best bet. What do you think? Do you know the particular model? I'm open to other brands too. If I could get this under $300.00 I would be happy.

2. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

The 24" Flat Tube Toshiba model 24AF43 has it & as a matter of fact, all Toshiba Flat Tube sets have it from the 14" to the 36" The 24" Samsung doesn't have it but one of their 27" inch Flat Tube Models does have it. If I was you, & I hate to keep pushing this set but I think it's a great set for the money, & you can move up to a 27" I would get the JVC Flat Tube model AV-27FA44 It has the 16:9 mode, a 6500 Color Temp. Setting & the SVM can be turned ON & OFF. The best thing about this set I think is the price because I've seen it on sale for as low as $277.00 Check Sears website for the JVC 27" models AV-27FA44 & the JVC AV-27F704 & I would go with the FA44 because I think it looks nicer than the F704 has 5 more audio watts & bigger speakers & it can be had for the same price as the F704 Also the JVC's Labor Warranty is for 1 year & the Toshiba's is only for 90 days like most other companies. You can goto Toshiba's & JVC's websites & download the Owners Manual's if that might be of help to you? If you want a Video Output than go with the Toshiba because the JVC's don't have one. The 24" JVC doesn't have the 16:9 DVD Mode & Toshiba is the only company that has it in a 24" Tube.

3. Dave H

Dave H Producer

Thanks Bill.