Cheap Zenith HDTV Any Good?

Discussion in 'Displays' started by Bill Will, Jan 14, 2004.

1. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

This is for a friend. This week BrandsMart USA in Flordia has a 27" Zenith HDTV on sale for $398.88 NO Built-In HDTV Tuner & they don't list the model number but I'm guessing it's a last years model? Anyone have any idea what the model number might be? & if the set is any good? They also have last years Sony 32 inch HDTV model KV-32HS500 for $898.88 (No DVI Input Though)which also sounds like a good price if anyone is intrested.

2. John S

John S Producer

Zenith C27V36
    If it is that set, that is a great deal...
    The features on the set are amazing at the price you posted.

Do they have a website with this set listed at that price?

3. TerryS

TerryS Agent

You mean like this? Check out the price of the KV32HS500.

link

4. John S

John S Producer

Ok, well it is not the Zenith C27V36 or does not look the same anyways.....

Sort of a weird site... They really don't list the model number at all or the features on that 27" Zenith.

5. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

John S, Yes they do have some great prices at times. I just sent them & email asking them what the model number was for the Zenith & I'll post it if & when they reply. The last time I requested a model number from them it did take 3 days before they answered my email. Any thoughts on Zenith's HDTV sets? I know they did have a digital audio out problem on the sets that had the built-in HDTV Tuners but this model doesn't have the HDTV Tuner. A few weeks back they had the Samsung (Really A Panasonic) DVD Recorder for $248.88 & I see now it's up to $298.88 so it does pay to check their prices Every Week.

6. John S

John S Producer

I never looked at any of their tube sets at all.

It does seem one or two RPTV's were on my early list of potential sets, before I narrowed it down.
    I can't even remember if I actually ever seen one in person or not even. So it must not have been to memorable if I did. lol

7. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Forgot to add that for the last few weeks they were running adds for the 27 Inch Zenith with the Built-In HDTV Tuner for $ 498.88 so I don't think it's that model? Also if I remember right that model ended with C23. They also had the C23? 36 Inch Zenith HDTV set for $ 998.88 a few weeks back too.

8. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

You might be interested to know that an obscure Website may not have to be your path toward HDTV bliss. Check the new-products roundup in the front pages of the latest Sound & Vision, and you'll see a picture of a brand-new 40-inch Zenith HD-capable RPTV that the manufacturer is listing at $998. Includes 2:3-pulldown circuitry. Cannot recall offhand if there's a DVI input, though.

9. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Jack, Just wanted to say that BrandsMart USA is no little company they are a major chain & they have a bunch of stores but only in Southern Flordia & the size of the stores will rival any Wal-Mart's or Super Wal-Marts & I'll bet there isn't too many stores in the country where you can go in & find 40 or 50 different Plasma TV's? I like to check out their weekly add just to see what their charging for stuff & I don't even live in Flordia. A friend of mine got Sears in CT to match BrandsMart USA's Price on the Samsung DVD Recorder & saved $200.00 So I always figure the more price info you have in your hands the better off you are. Here is their main site www.brandsmartusa.com

10. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

Thanks, Bill. I posted hastily. However, a 40-inch widescreen RPTV that's HD-capable and costs less than a grand bears checking out!

11. Bill Will

Bill Will Screenwriter

Your right Jack, that is a good price & that Zenith set is now up on Amazon's website. My friend though is looking for a cheap HD set for his bedroom & my suggestion was one of the smaller widescreen Samsung's but for $400 he thought maybe the Zenith would be ok? Still waiting for BrandsMart's anwser on the model number though & just thought I add that the page above that had the Zenith set on it is from their weekly flyer that goes in the newspapers & the products are only available in their stores they won't ship anything because their not in the mail order business. Also it is very rare that they don't list the model numbers on things but maybe when they made the deal with Zenith to buy them that was part of the deal not to use the model number in adds so competiors would not pissed off at Zenith or have to match the price?