What's new

Cheap Wireless Home Theater in a box (1 Viewer)

HowardPM

Agent
Real Name
Howard
Ok I know people hate HTIB systems. But is there any cheap ones (under 300 dollars) that have wireless rear speakers?

Thanks

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Howard if your budget is limited to $300, I’m nor going to take a shot at HTIB—but if you expect to get 3 front speakers, a receiver, a DVD player, a sub to that add on the RF transmitter and receivers for the rear speakers, you may be disappointed.

I don’t know if such an animal exists, but if it does, I’d be very surprised if there was any quality at all in the system.

With such a small budget, I’d look for basics—not fancy add-ons.

HowardPM

Agent
Real Name
Howard
CC has this one for 250, but I really don't need a built in DVD player. There has got to be others.

http://www.circuitcity.com/ssm/Panas...oductDetail.do

Panasonic Home Theater System (SC-HT640W)

2-way wireless home theater: The SC-HT640W makes home theater simple with an integrated DVD player, receiver and a sleek speaker system. Don’t worry about running wires through your living room—the rear speaker provides quality two-way sound without the hassle of wires.

850 watts of peak power: The amplifier built into this home theater system pumps out high power levels to drive your speakers at satisfying volumes with low distortion. You'll feel like you're in the front row at your local multiplex as the sounds from Dolby Digital® and DTS® soundtracks travel all around you.

5-disc DVD changer: If you wanted, you could have a 10-hour movie marathon using the built-in 5-disc DVD changer in this home theater system. You can even swap out four discs while one is in play.

Progressive scan DVD: Using advanced progressive-scan playback techniques and MPEG video decoders, this home theater system provides an image that faithfully represents the image you see at your favorite movie theater.

Digital audio port: Plug in your digital music player to the rear speaker and enjoy your favorite music through 850 watts of power. Enjoy your digital music anywhere in the house—the rear speaker doubles as an external speaker for a portable audio player.

Wireless second room-ready: The SH-FX80 rear wireless unit (sold separately) allows you to listen to music in a separate room from the main unit.

Connections: The SC-HT640W features component video out, S-video out, composite video out and more to ensure you have the best connection for clear accurate picture and sound.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks