Cheap used Onkyo CD Changer?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Sean Me, Nov 20, 2002.

1. Sean Me

Sean Me Extra

I just bought an Onkyo TX-DS474 receiver, pair of Bose 301 series IV, pair of Bose 141, and a Bose center channel. I payed $100 for all of it. I would like to know where I can find a CD Changer to go with the receiver for cheap. I would like an Onkyo changer so I could use the same remote and have at least some look of uniformity. It doesn't matter if it is an older model or not top notch audiophile, I just need something to play music that will sound decent. How cheap can I pick something like this up for, where, and what would be the best bang for the buck?

I know that everyone here trashes on Bose but all I'm using is the receiver and the 301's for music in the living room as I don't have a TV. In the future I will probably build some cabinets and set up a small scale HT but for now I just want to listen to music in the living room. I'm not completely clueless as to the technical aspects of audio as I have some experience in Live Sound Reinforcement and Car Audio. Thank's in advance for your help.

2. Jason Bell

Jason Bell Stunt Coordinator

The only Onkyo changer that I'm aware of is the DX-C380 its a 6 disc carousel. I've had one for a few months and I'm pretty happy with it. I've seen it on sale for as low as $170.00 at Circuit City.

3. joe rizzuto

joe rizzuto Stunt Coordinator

they show up on e-bay quite a bit. onkyo sees to have a few out there both single cd and changer -5&6- cd's.