What's new

Cheap "used" DVDs at FYE? (1 Viewer)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
Sorry for the cross-post, but I saw this thread at DVDTalk, and thought there would be interest here.
Basically, SOME locations of FYE are selling off for cheap prices ($10-$12) this stuff:
Most of the product is in fact not "used" or "previously viewed" Actually this is typically product that customers return to stores claiming to be defective or undesirable. Perhaps watched once and then returned. Also this includes product that was unwrapped or the shrink-wrap was ripped.
Might be worth a look in your area!

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
what is FYE?
For Your Entertainment, formerly known under the archaic moniker of "Record Town," is part of the TransWorld Music conglomerate that includes FYE (Record Town), Coconuts, Strawberries, Spec's Music, Planet Music, and Saturday Matinee.
I got the new SE of "The Princess Bride" for $8 used at Strawberries. :)

David Lambert

Senior HTF Member
FYE not only used to be Record Town, but also used to be Camelot and a few other mall-based music stores. The TWEC group took all their mall-based music store chains and changed them to the "FYE" name about a year or so back.

Bob Partovi

Stunt Coordinator
They have a few stories in my area and are highly overpriced, but good for HTF or OOP titles because no one ever buys from them. Never seen "used" ones though out of the 3 stores they have.

Tim Glover

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tim Glover
The FYE in the Galleria in Dallas doesn't sell used dvd's either...and they are VERY expensive on their new ones ala Sun Coast.

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
Don't hate me because I'm beautiful. . .

Captain Tylor complete series at Coconuts for $25! (Yes, there was only one copy)

Mike Frezon

Premium
Senior HTF Member
FYE = overpriced, indeed!
However, at least one of our local FYE stores has been mixing in used CDs at their location...but no sign of any used DVDs.
Too bad, cuz I buy quite a lot of used DVDs! :frowning:

Aaron Silverman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Aaron Silverman
The deals continue. . .Friends 1st season for $35. Also, 200-CD binders on sale for $15! (That ends today, I think, but one of the brands is regularly marked down to $20 anyway, which is still great.)

Bob Partovi

Stunt Coordinator
Since nextcard went bankrupt I need a new place to get cheap Dvds so I applied to FYE! Cheap DVDs here I come!

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
I haven't found any mall locations that sell used DVDs, but the Coconuts location across the street from one of the malls does. I found little to get excited about, although I would have picked up the anime Metropolis for $12.95 in a heartbeat if I didn't already own it.
The store is right by work, so I may have to keep an eye on it for future deals. Someone wants to unload The Devil's Backbone, I just know it! :D

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks