Cheap Trick - Rockford 06/06/06

Discussion in 'Music' started by Steve_Knutzen, May 20, 2006.

1. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

Rick, Robin, Tom and Bun E's latest release is due out in June and the new single "Perfect Stranger" is available on Itunes. As a huge Trick fan I'm really looking forward to this. I thought Special One was a good album so I hope this maintains the quality of that release. After the six year gap between CT 97 and Special One, it's nice to see a quicker tunraround between albums as long as the material doesn't suffer as a result.

2. Steve_Knutzen

Steve_Knutzen Screenwriter

Anybody else pick this up today? I'm just finishing my first listen through right now. I'll have to listen to it a couple of times before I get a good feel for it of course but my first impression is that it's pretty damn good. I don't know if I rank it up with with their first three albums like some reviews I've seen suggest but it's a very well-written album with great harmonies. Haven't come across a song that was even a semi-clunker so it's one of their most consistent albums. Anybody else?

3. dberthia

dberthia Stunt Coordinator

Dave
    You're right- it is pretty damn good. Best thing they've done in a long time. Seems like they've quit trying to be things they're not, and have gone back to what makes them great- short power-pop songs with great hooks.

AllMusic gave it a glowing review:
    http://www.allmusic.com/cg/amg.dll?p...0:eradqj5rojda

4. ScottLloyd

ScottLloyd Stunt Coordinator

I also agree that it's pretty damn good.

I bought it a week ago and have heard it five or six times. It starts off strong and continues to get better with each play.

Best album in many years!