What's new

Cheap subwoofer choices (1 Viewer)

Chuck Bogie

Second Unit
Figuring a $200 budget, spend half on a plate amp, about $15 on some MDF and spray paint, and whatever's left on a driver and port tube.

Kevin L K

Second Unit
Thanks for the info Brian :)

So Andrew--even though this is a sealed design you would recommend this for Home Theater use? Does it produce a good "slam" or "oomph" for home theater--within it's limitations? Thanks!

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Yes looking at the plot I posted in the other thread you'll see its still got plenty of slam down low. Also note that CSS has tweaked the Sub100 plate amp to lower the boost point from 35 to 23 hz which will help to add more kick down deep as well. Since this is a sealed design it won't bottom out as easily when pushed like the ported versions do which is nice when your crank up LOTR:)

Kevin L K

Second Unit
Thanks for your information Andrew :)

Let me ask you something--did you take any readings at 1 meter and 2 meters? I would be interested in seeing those graphs as well because I would expect the spls to be high with the meter right underneath the sub, and I was wondering how they would hold up at a "normal" listening distance. Thanks again Andrew :emoji_thumbsup:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation449
Recent bookmarks