What's new

Cheap subwoofer choices (1 Viewer)

Ken-Ha

Grip
Which of the following economical sub should I get? Sony SAWM40 or PSW250. A/V is Kenwood VR6070.

Thanks
Ken

Myo K

Stunt Coordinator
i had the 6070 with the sawm40 and mirage omnipolar speakers.

it sounded great!

sawm40 subs are awesome, and the fact you can find them as low as 100 bucks, makes them affordable enough to get 2!

Ken-Ha

Grip
Thanks for replying. I searched the INTERNET and only "etronic" ships their products to Canada. Worst yet they are sold out at this time. May be I will wait for them to stock up.

Thanks
Ken

Myo K

Stunt Coordinator
stocking up on sawm40 subs is about impossible since sony has long discontinued them months ago.

if you see one anywhere for a good price snatch it up, because these suckers are getting tougher and tougher to find nowadays.

Leonard B

Stunt Coordinator
If you are in Canada, check out the D Box David 303 at Costco. For $300 you get a 12 inch driver and a strong amp. I run mine with the Kenwood 6060.
Hope this helps.

Leonard B

Stunt Coordinator
If you are in Canada, check out the D Box David 303 at Costco. For $300 you get a 12 inch driver and a strong amp. I run mine with the Kenwood 6060.
Hope this helps.

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Ken this might be a little more money then you were looking at spending but its a fantastic little sub for the money and ships from Canada so there's no duty etc to worry about

EZsub14

I just finished building one for my livingroom and couldn't be happier with it (details)

Ken-Ha

Grip
Thank you all for all the good information. Andrew, I was thinking to build one from CSS but because I never build any sub before therefore I really have no idea how it will turn out.
Thanks
Ken

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Ken if you're at all curious about the world of DIY (do-it-yourself) this is a perfect way to get your feet wet. Since all the hard stuff has already been taken care off all that's required to build this kit is about 30 minutes to assemble it and a little paint to finish it up. Its extremely easy to do and you've got access to a lot of support online so i'd say go for it! As far as performace goes this should easily best anything else in this price range and once you've got your first DIY project completed you'll never look at speakers the same way again;) I must warn you though the DIY hobby is addictive and you'll likely find yourself building something else shortly:D

Ken-Ha

Grip
Andrew, can the EZsub14 be used on a A/V receiver without a Subwoofer output? The reason is that I also have an old JVC A/V receiver that does not have a subwoofer output but I wanted to hook a sub on that one as well.

Thanks
Ken

Andrew Pratt

Senior HTF Member
Yes the plate amp has both line level and speaker level inputs so you could simply run the main speaker wires to the sub then run another set from the sub to the mains and let the plate amp filter out the low bass from the mains. This is actually how I have my EZSub set up in my living room.

RobWil

Supporting Actor
On ebay you could prolly get an Infinity IL100S for around the same price as the PSW250 or the Sony. Refurb but a much better sub.

Rajeev_s

Stunt Coordinator
I have Velodyne VX-10 hooked up to Kenwood 6060. Its a great sub for the price. Love it.
You can buy it for $167.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks