What's new

Cheap router? (1 Viewer)

Jeffrey Noel

Screenwriter
Anyone happen to know where I can get a cheap router? I only need one to route around the subwoofer hole on my sub cabinet so it will be flush!
I don't need anything fancy. Just something that I can use on my sub cabinet. Probably won't even use it much.
------------------
God bless :usa:
jeffrey noel
My DVD Collection

CRyan

Screenwriter
The cheapest you will find a new one is around $59 at Sears on sale. Otherwise, $64 will be the cheapest. A cheap bit can be found at Home Depot for around $8.00. You pay in the end for cheap bits with time. They will normally require much more sanding. But for one-time use, might be worth the $30 you save.
These are standard one speed units without dust collection. Of course they are not plunging routers either.
You might check out the local pawn shops. They usually have tools and you may luck up on a good deal. Might even check out ebay.
C. Ryan
------------------
http://www.elitestoragedesigns.com/RyanOAR.bmp
[Edited last by CRyan on October 09, 2001 at 03:04 AM]

Hank Frankenberg

Senior HTF Member
I bought a cheap Skil router and it's actually a plunge unit. I think it was $49 or $59. 1/4" collett of course, but good enough for cutting out my large Tempest sonosub plugs and end caps with a 1/4" carbide spiral upcut bit.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maanw2357
Recent bookmarks