What's new

cheap receiver? (1 Viewer)

joost

Auditioning
Real Name
joost eijkenboom
Hi, I am just a rookie in this hole audio world. but I am looking for a nice cheap receiver (5.1 or 6.1)
I've found these for now:
sherwood R 756 --> 300 euro
pioneer vsx-416-s --> 250 euro
kenwood KRT 5090 --> 280 euro
JVC RX 5052 --> 200 euro
(I know, this is not that good stuff, but I(18 year old) am looking for something under 300 euro.)
so could you please give me some advise? especialy about these but also if you know another cheap one.

thanx in advance!!
greets, Qupie

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hi joost - first question is where are you located in Europe? Next question, what speakers will you be using, and what features are you looking for?

You may be able to find a Denon AVR-1706 in your country, which is an excellent entry-level receiver. :)

joost

Auditioning
Real Name
joost eijkenboom
I'm from holland.
the speakers will be good enough, a friend of mine will fix them and he has a lot of years of experience there (last sold 2 stereo speakers for 30.000) but doesn't know that much of these cheap receivers
and I've got a seperate subwoofer with seperate amplifier just for the base
I hope this helps a litle bit.
but what's the price of that denon?

(sorry for my bad english)

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hi joost - the Denon AVR-1706 is available In Germany for 349 euro. You should be able to find this under 300 euro. You will be very happy with this receiver! Here is the product page:

http://usa.denon.com/ProductDetails/536.asp

The AVR-1706 delivers dynamic, room-filling surround sound from all your movies, TV shows, music, and video games. It combines the high-current amplification for seven speakers, advanced digital processing, a wealth of convenience features, and our famously rugged construction. The result is a powerful and versatile receiver that will serve as the heart of a great home theater system.

* 75 watts x 7 into 8 ohms (20-20,000 Hz) at 0.08% THD
* Dolby Digital® EX, DTS-ES®, Pro Logic® IIx, DTS Neo:6, and DTS 96/24 processing
* High-current, low-impedance amplifier design
* 192kHz/24-bit Analog Devices DACs
* Dual-room/dual-source output (speaker-level stereo audio output for 2nd room; this mode allows 5.1 home theater in main room)
* 5.1-channel input for a Super Audio CD (SACD) or DVD-Audio player

joost

Auditioning
Real Name
joost eijkenboom
didn't find that one for now (in this short period)
but I've found some other maybe interesting offer
Denon AVR 1804 --> 250
Denon AVR 1905 --> 300
are those any good?
edit: found the 1706 for 299 :) (but that is on internet, the other one's were in a store, and that somehow feels better with insurance etc.)

Alon Goldberg

Screenwriter
Real Name
Alon Goldberg
Hi joost - the Denon AVR-1905 is an excellent model, at a very good price! This model has more power than the newer AVR-1706 (which is of course a lower series).

I would definately look at purchasing the AVR-1905, considering that the new AVR-1906 costs 449 euro.

Tom Donaghue

Stunt Coordinator
The 1905 would be a very good option for $300 euro. As Alon noted, it has a bit more power than the 1706 and while it's a previous generation (not the 1906), very little has changed in these units.

Another nice option w/the 190x models as opposed to the 170x models is the option of adding an external amplifier via the pre-amps. Later on down the road if you felt like you wanted more power or you bought new speakers that may be a bit more difficult to power, the external amp would be a simple and fairly cheap upgrade... -TD

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks