Cheap places to stay in Indianapolis?

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Vickie_M, Sep 3, 2003.

1. Vickie_M

Vickie_M Producer

My husband's decided he's going to CEDIA this year, even though no one is sponsoring him, as in previous years. He really needs to keep up on the technology because he's free-lance.

Needless to say, a fancy hotel room is out of the question. Is anyone familiar with low-priced accomodations in Indy, near where CEDIA is held, or not too awfully hard to get to, since he doesn't drive and won't have a rental car? (it'll be at the Indiana Convention Center & RCA Dome, according to their web site).

Any suggestions/help would be much appreciated. Thanks!

2. Bryan X

Bryan X Producer

If you can, staying at one of the hotels connected to the convention center is usually worth the little bit of extra cost when you consider the convenience. When the Star Wars Celebration II was in town in 2002, we stayed at the Hyatt. It's connected to the convention center and was only about $125.00 a night when I booked it.

3. Gabe D

Gabe D Cinematographer

Probably the most reasonable hotel downtown is the Days Inn. It's about 8 blocks or so from the Convention Center and the Dome. 317-637-6464

4. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

Personally, I prefer the Doubletree Suites on Meridian, just north of the top loop of 465. Very decent location, but still relatively quiet; nice rooms; and a very good price. I think I paid around $65 per night...

5. Nathan_F

Nathan_F Second Unit

Nathan
    But that Doubletree isn't exactly within walking distance of downtown.

6. Dan Lindley

Dan Lindley Second Unit

Sometimes convention rates can be hard to beat, at least for places near the conv center. We just stayed at the Indy Crowne Plaza Union Station which is right next to but not connected to the conv center; it was cheap for us b/c the price included zoo and children's museum tix for the family, and kids eat free in the dining room. Obviously, YMMV on the kids! Nice hotel, though. You can actually stay in an indoor pullman car, on the second floor, if you wish.

dl

7. Mark Frank

Mark Frank Stunt Coordinator

There are a ton of hotel rooms in downtown Indy. If you want to go on the cheap, check out Hampton Inn, Best Western, or Courtyard Marriott. It also couldn't hurt to check out the convention rates at the Hyatt, Crowne Plaza, or Embassy Suites.

I'd take a look at Priceline and/or Hotels.com as well.

8. Tim Hoover

Tim Hoover Screenwriter

Whoops! I missed the part about walking-accessibility. Sorry...

Now I want you to kick my ass. I'm not asking, I'm telling. Kick this ass like a man! [​IMG]