What's new

Cheap place to buy DVDs online? (1 Viewer)

James Zos

Supporting Actor
I realize the admins appear to be frowning on the posting of links, so if anyone wants to give me suggestions in a non-link form, or just email me links, I'd really appreciate it. There is nowhere to buy DVDs where I live except for Wallmart and their selection is limited to say the least...

Any suggestions appreciated!

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
James,

Just click on the links tab located at the top of the software or main forum pages. There you will see a link to dvd price match which lists several online dealers.

Crawdaddy

Brian York

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Brian York
James -
No joke...Take a close look at Columbia House DVD Club.
If you do your homework, you can buy tons of DVDs for less than $10 each.
(hoping this doesn't piss off the HTF "Gods"...)
HERE is a link to a VERY complete FAQ about the club, at "The Other Forum"

Rob Lutter

Senior HTF Member
[rant]BRIAN YORK! YOU HAVE PISSED OFF THE HTF GODS! NOW YOU MUST SHOP FOR DVDs... only at...uh...SUNCOAST for MSRP! hahaha![/rant]
j/k :D
try www.deepdiscountdvd.com
guareenteed low prices and free shipping (although I would recommend shipping priority (2-3 days) for $4 instead of standard. :)
That is where I get my DVDs now! :D

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Columbia House isn't a bad deal. Except when you have to buy titles at their inflated retail price. You can get some outstanding deals and really save a bundle...almost makes up for the gouging they give you on new releases.
Bruce

Allen Longcor

Supporting Actor
Here's what I do now. Download dvdprofiler. This is shareware unless you want to pay for high quality scans of the dvd covers. Then use the dvd price search feature. This will search through like 15 online sites for the best price on each dvd. This is a great feature that gets exactly what you want for as little dough as possible. Check it out.

Patrick McCart

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick McCart
I prefer ordering from amazon.com because of their speediness and good prices.

I ordered the Charlie Chaplin DVD Box Set (Gold Rush, Modern Times, City Lights, and The Great Dictator) on Dec. 26. It was in my mailbox on Jan. 2. I saved about 20 dollars.

Also, Movies Unlimited is good for rare and OOP titles. They're fast, too. I received my two Walt Disney Treasures cartoon sets within a week of ordering...and those titles are kind of sparse.

amazon.com is good about bargains, too. I ordered Superman: The Movie (DVD) for under 20 dollars within a week or two of the release date. They also sent my DVD of Airplane! early, so I recieved it on the release date. Same thing for Citizen Kane and Snow White. I don't think they do this anymore, but when I ordered the three Beatles Anthology CD sets, they included the MPI 4-disc Beatles DVD box set with it.

DeathStar1

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Neil
Amazon.com is also slow on orders sometimes too. They seem to have a shortage of Dragonball Z DVD's as of late. I pre-ordered two knew ones for $18's, and they stil lhavn't shipped. According to them, they stil lhavn't received them, even though they are in the stores currently....

Steve_Ch

Supporting Actor
DeepDiscountDVD. I used to do price check before buying any DVD, but in the last 3 months, I have not find any place that beat DDD, and that's DVDs ranging from the Barbarian Queen to Criterion, and price checks often include used ones, such as Half.com. BTW, another great source is the Software for Sale section in HTF, you can find some pretty good mint condition used DVDs.

Tom Reed

Agent
Has anyone tried Link Removed They sell used DVDs at very good prices. I was just wondering if they have good customer service.
Tom Reed

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoolMovies
Recent bookmarks