Cheap place to buy DVDs online?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by James Zos, Feb 8, 2002.

1. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

I realize the admins appear to be frowning on the posting of links, so if anyone wants to give me suggestions in a non-link form, or just email me links, I'd really appreciate it. There is nowhere to buy DVDs where I live except for Wallmart and their selection is limited to say the least...

Any suggestions appreciated!

2. Jeff Howard

Jeff Howard Agent

You could try deepdiscountdvd.

3. Robert Crawford

Robert Crawford Moderator

Robert
    James,

Just click on the links tab located at the top of the software or main forum pages. There you will see a link to dvd price match which lists several online dealers.

Crawdaddy

4. Brian York

Brian York Stunt Coordinator

James -
    No joke...Take a close look at Columbia House DVD Club.
    If you do your homework, you can buy tons of DVDs for less than $10 each.
    (hoping this doesn't piss off the HTF "Gods"...)
    HERE is a link to a VERY complete FAQ about the club, at "The Other Forum"

5. Rob Lutter

Rob Lutter Producer

[rant]BRIAN YORK! YOU HAVE PISSED OFF THE HTF GODS! NOW YOU MUST SHOP FOR DVDs... only at...uh...SUNCOAST for MSRP! hahaha![/rant]
    j/k [​IMG]
    try www.deepdiscountdvd.com
    guareenteed low prices and free shipping (although I would recommend shipping priority (2-3 days) for $4 instead of standard. [​IMG]
    That is where I get my DVDs now! [​IMG]

6. James Zos

James Zos Supporting Actor

Thanks everyone for your suggestions! I'll check them all out.

7. Brian York

Brian York Stunt Coordinator

RobLutter -ROTFLMAO!
    Thanks! I needed the laugh!

8. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

Columbia House isn't a bad deal. Except when you have to buy titles at their inflated retail price. You can get some outstanding deals and really save a bundle...almost makes up for the gouging they give you on new releases.
    Bruce

9. Allen Longcor

Allen Longcor Supporting Actor

Here's what I do now. Download dvdprofiler. This is shareware unless you want to pay for high quality scans of the dvd covers. Then use the dvd price search feature. This will search through like 15 online sites for the best price on each dvd. This is a great feature that gets exactly what you want for as little dough as possible. Check it out.

10. Patrick McCart

Patrick McCart Lead Actor

Patrick McCart
    I prefer ordering from amazon.com because of their speediness and good prices.

I ordered the Charlie Chaplin DVD Box Set (Gold Rush, Modern Times, City Lights, and The Great Dictator) on Dec. 26. It was in my mailbox on Jan. 2. I saved about 20 dollars.

Also, Movies Unlimited is good for rare and OOP titles. They're fast, too. I received my two Walt Disney Treasures cartoon sets within a week of ordering...and those titles are kind of sparse.

amazon.com is good about bargains, too. I ordered Superman: The Movie (DVD) for under 20 dollars within a week or two of the release date. They also sent my DVD of Airplane! early, so I recieved it on the release date. Same thing for Citizen Kane and Snow White. I don't think they do this anymore, but when I ordered the three Beatles Anthology CD sets, they included the MPI 4-disc Beatles DVD box set with it.

11. DeathStar1

DeathStar1 Producer

Amazon.com is also slow on orders sometimes too. They seem to have a shortage of Dragonball Z DVD's as of late. I pre-ordered two knew ones for $18's, and they stil lhavn't shipped. According to them, they stil lhavn't received them, even though they are in the stores currently....

12. Steve_Ch

Steve_Ch Supporting Actor

DeepDiscountDVD. I used to do price check before buying any DVD, but in the last 3 months, I have not find any place that beat DDD, and that's DVDs ranging from the Barbarian Queen to Criterion, and price checks often include used ones, such as Half.com. BTW, another great source is the Software for Sale section in HTF, you can find some pretty good mint condition used DVDs.

13. Tom Reed

Tom Reed Agent

Has anyone tried www.dvds123.com They sell used DVDs at very good prices. I was just wondering if they have good customer service.
    Tom Reed