What's new

Cheap movie tickets (1 Viewer)

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
If you've got a Loews theater in your area and don't just go to movies on the weekend, it's worth noting that Loews' corporate/discount ticket site's monthly special for June is six "Weekday Escape" tickets for $25. Buy three six-packs and there's free shipping. $4.16 isn't a bad price for an evening movie admission and a small popcorn.

Also, they accept coupon codes. "Survey04" got me 20% off, so I splurged and spent $80 on 24 movie tickets. $3.33 each may actually be less than the regular price for the popcorn.

DeborahK

Supporting Actor
Hi, Jason,

Is there any expiration date on the tickets, or any specific time frame in which they must be used -- except for the fact that they cannot be used on weekends?

If they are open ended, then this is a very good deal, indeed.

Thanks,

Deborah

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Like any discount tickets, there's an expiration date stamped on them. The fine print on the site says they expire 31 December 2004. I know I can use 24 movie tickets by then, though not everyone can.

They run a similar deal every summer, so I find myself going to a lot of movies from Monday to Thursday during the second half of the year. :) Heck, I've used these tickets on opening nights when a movie has a Wednesday opening.

Alvin.G.

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Jason. Just ordered one pack. I figure I can always get more. BTW, the coupon code's been invalidated, but $5 a ticket is still a great price!

acg

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
Yeah, they might be cross-referencing it to email addresses; I did an online survey back in February but held off using it because I knew this promotion would come up sooner or later. $4.17 a ticket (6/$25) including a small popcorn is pretty darn god.
If you want to buy them in lots of 50 through the corporate side; usually this promotion runs through the summer, but eventually it gets replaced by some lame tin and T-shirt combo.

Got mine in the mail yesterday, and I can confirm that they've got "Dec04" punched out as the expiration date.

Jeff D

Supporting Actor
DeborahK, you might want to check with the theaters.

California has special laws with these things. The theaters are generally required to put an exp date, but never enforce that because they legally can't.

Just FYI, one of the many perks of living in the golden state. Ask me about the "gift cards" sometime.

Tim Abbott

Second Unit
Real Name
Tim
Great find, Jason, thanks for posting this. Guess what my dad is getting for Father's Day this year!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks