What's new

Cheap DVD-Rs (1 Viewer)

FredHD

Stunt Coordinator
The new wife and I got a new EMac with DVD burner. I plan to edit my wedding video and burn some copies for family, etc. What is a good deal on them. About $4 a pop? Are there any online or B&M retailers that anyone can recommend?

TIA,
JW

Steven K

Supporting Actor
I saw an ad at Office Max a few weeks back... a 15-disc spindle was $25 after rebates.

FredHD

Stunt Coordinator
Thanks Steven K and Mark_Mac.

Mark_Mac

I went to that website. They have some really good prices. Would the $.89 ones work okay for making wedding videos? I will be using iDVD on my mac and I will have interactive menus. Do you know the difference between these general purpose ones and the DVD-R "Authoring" media?

Marty Christion

Stunt Coordinator
If you're making videos for other people (and charging?), I would definitely spend a little more and get name brand. Only use generic when it won't be "incovenient" to have a bad copy a year from now, or if compatibility isn't a huge concern (i.e., you know exactly which player it will be played on, and you know that brand works).

FredHD

Stunt Coordinator
Marty,

Which name brands would you recommend? Maxell, TDK, Fuji, Sony, etc. type name brands? I'd like to make them as compatible for others as possible. It will be for family and friends. I won't be charging anyone for these, but I'd like them to have the same quality as if I was.

TIA,
JW

Mark_Mac

Stunt Coordinator
Really I cant tell any difference between the high priced name brands and the ones at atdiscount for $89.00. If your making Wedding videos just buy the spindle above and make a nice label for the DVD-r. I have had great success playing these on multiple DVD players including:

Oritron
Apex
Panasonic
Sony

I was really suprised the oritron plays DVD-r as its a really cheap DVD player. Any DVD player that is more then 2 or 3 years old will probably have problems playing any type of DVD-r media.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation240
Recent bookmarks