What's new

Cheap DVD player (1 Viewer)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
I need one more gift for my friend's wedding, and I am looking for an inexpensive DVD. I have looked at the NS315 and the RV32, but also noticed the Pioneer DV-353 is quite inexpensive. I have owned both Sony and Panny, but have no experience with Pioneer video gear. Anyone own the 353 or other models and can comment?

ThomasL

Supporting Actor
John, do you know what type of tv your friend has? Or if they are thinking of getting a HDTV-ready television? Progressive scan players are fairly cheap these days as well. I know a Samsung model that retails for $150 nowadays got good marks in a recent Home Theater magazine issue. In addition, the Toshiba SD3800 is $180 at Best Buy as is the Panasonic RP62 and Sony 715 models. As for interlaced only players, the 3 you list plus the Toshiba SD2800 should all be in the $130 range and are all probably decent. I have only used Toshiba (SD2700) and is has performed well for over a year.

cheers,

--tom

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Thanks. Their TV is not HD ready, so progressive is not a requirement. I found a Samsung interlaced for $119, and I will have to go give it a look. Otherwise, it will probably be the 315, which I found on sale for $130 locally, at the same store no less.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I've had good experiences with the Toshiba SD-2800 as my bedroom unit. Nice little machine.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks