cheap clamps

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Frank Mowry, Jun 5, 2003.

1. Frank Mowry

Frank Mowry Stunt Coordinator

2. Chris Tsutsui

Chris Tsutsui Screenwriter

I have ordered those exact clamps from that exact site.

IMO, they are a helluva deal. I can break down a comparison with those and some $40 bar clamps, some Bessey clamps if you like.

These toolmanshed clamps MAY vary in style. After getting a bunch of them, I noticed that some had a different paint and head style than others. The ones with the "thick" paint appear to move less freely. They are not built to very tight tolerances although they ALL work. I separated the dozens (That's how they were sold) by putting the perfect clamps in a pile, and the clamps that don't slide that easy in another pile. This seemed to work out fine.

The clamps are not as strong as the Bessey bar clamps, and no they do not glide back and forth up the bar like the Jorgensens, but they'll do their job well. If you over tighten the china clamps, they may bend close to the head. If they bend severely, then the nickel plating begins to show cracks.

My one quirk about them is they come with a small thin plastic protector that goes on the "grips" of the clamp. These fall off and get lost easily. This may not be an issue if you plan to just use wood as shims to protect the cabinets from getting dents. If you're lazy like me and do get dents, an easy fix for laminates is to just put a wet rag on and run a hot iron over.

Good clamps... They'll perform exactly like Harbor Freight bar clamps. They don't have super high tolerances for craftsmanship, but they will all work.

I'd get them. Shipping is ultra fast, I got my package in one business day because the warehous is nearby.

3. Allen Ross

Allen Ross Supporting Actor

and i thought i got a deal on ebay for the exact same clamps i got 6 of them for 27 somthing shipped to my house, Oh well.

4. Tracy_L

Tracy_L Stunt Coordinator

Well, I just ordered 6 of the 36" delivered for 30$ and some change. What size did you order Frank?

Tracy

5. Jonathan_D

Jonathan_D Stunt Coordinator

The shipping turns out equal to the cost of the clamps. Seems best if you need a lot order a lot! [​IMG]

6. Allen Ross

7. Frank Mowry

Frank Mowry Stunt Coordinator

Actually I didn't order any as I'm between "wife pissing off projects" right now [​IMG]. Just figured I'd let everyone else in on the deal.

Frank

8. JustinSC

JustinSC Extra

So is this an everyday price or a sale price? Might order a few in a few weeks if its an everyday price. Thanks for the heads up.

9. DeT

DeT Agent

Thanks for the great link, I was about to spend $27 on 3 clamps and this deal save me alot [​IMG]

10. Allen Ross

11. Jonathan_D

Jonathan_D Stunt Coordinator