Cheap Banana Clamps.......

Discussion in 'Home Theater Projects' started by Matt*B, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Matt*B

Matt*B Stunt Coordinator

Hello....

I am looking to buy 8 non-crimp banana clamps for my 6.1 receiver. I prefer the wrap around, or the screw together type -- this way I can reuse it.... However, the cheapest place I thought i could find these was radio shack, but they wanted $8 for 1 (one) set. I thought that was crazy (and they were radio shack brand to boot!).... Any suggestions? Meijer, Home Depot? I suppose somewhere online would work too, but i would rather not...

Thanks,

Matt

2. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Well, you could always check the yellow pages for electronic stores, car stereo installation places, or local pro audio places like Guitar Center and make some phone calls. Online, this is a pretty nice place with banana plugs in a variety of styles. You'll find similar or even the same brand on ebay but people tend to bid those up a bit.

3. Jon Bell

Jon Bell Stunt Coordinator

Try Home Depot. They sell banana plugs that are about $6 per pair. Not much cheaper, but a little bit. I doubt you're going to find them much cheaper than that. The plugs themselves are very good IMO. Well put together and strong.

4. Chris Smith

Chris Smith Stunt Coordinator

I like these plugs

http://www.partsexpress.com/pe/showd...number=091-330

I also like the compression style plugs the best because they're, IMO, the easiest to use and get a good tight connection. And they're less than $3.50, but I don't know about shipping, etc. I know you said you'd rather stay away from online, but I've ordered from parts epxress many times before and they have good prices, less than half of what Radio Shack wanted.