What's new

Cheap Apex TV (1 Viewer)

Robert Standefer

Stunt Coordinator
I was at Albertson's (a grocery store) today and I saw they had 24" Apex TVs. They have s-video in. I've been looking for a TV in that size (24-27) for playing video games, and get this: it was only $149!

Now, that's not a lot of money for a TV that size, and it looked decent playing the Harry Potter DVD. I would use it nearly exclusively for playing older consoles (Saturn, N64, SNES, etc), but before I spend the $150, I thought I would see what you guys thought.

Thanks,
Rob

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
If you're only going to use it as a monitor for video games, sure. But for serious home-theater enjoyment it's better to pony up for a more serious 27-incher.

Carl Johnson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Carl III
I bought my parents a 27" Apex for Christmas and I would give it a :emoji_thumbsup:. My bedroom television is on it's death bed, when it dies I'll probably replace it with an Apex.

Kami

Screenwriter
Sounds perfect for those old gaming systems. For anything else I would probably pass :)

Eric_L

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Eric
You'd probably get a good answer from a local TV repair shop.

I've always felt you get what you pay for. MY 27" RCA Proscan is over 10 years old and running strong. I use it when I don't feel like useing my projector.

I wouldn't expect that life from an APEX.

Robert Standefer

Stunt Coordinator
I don't expect a $150 consumer electronic to last more than a few years. I have a 50" HDTV in my living room, so this TV would be exclusively used for older consoles (I have nearly every console ever made).

Thanks for the replies.

Bill Will

Screenwriter
For casual game playing I would say it would be ok. One thing you might want to look for is a letter "S" at the end of the model number. The "S" stands for "Stereo" meaning it has stereo inputs & outputs but the tuner is not an MTS Tuner. You might also want to check Circuit City's website there are a lot of user reviews posted on this set. For what it's worth BrandsMart USA in Flordia has them on sale for $138.88 & Circuit City has been selling for $159.00 & Best Buy has them under the KLH brand name for $169.00 If you want to see what the tv, remote & back panel look like Best Buy's website has it under the KLH Brand.

Mark Hedges

Second Unit
I saw one of those at best buy and the picture was really blurry compared to the sony it was next to. It could have just been the settings or something, though.

Mark

baja

Agent
I have had one since Aug. It has run without any problems so far. I also have there DVD player for over a year now with no issues. IMH the picture is not bad for the price. I don't know agout it for a home theater but for a bedroom or the kids it's great for the $.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vasyear
Recent bookmarks