What's new

cheap answer to big screen home theater? (1 Viewer)

Myo K

Stunt Coordinator
http://www.i-glassesstore.com/iglasses-hrv.html

i was thinking about picking this up, i seriously think itd be interesting ot sit back turn up the home theater speakers and put these suckers on and immerse yourself into the movie,

this can be a somewhat affordable way to watch movies on a simulated big screen eh? not only that itll block out any distractive elements.

anyone ever try this i glasses before?

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I've seen these things mentioned in the A/V magazines, but never tested. And if headphones can seem a bit confining at times, no telling about these "iGlasses."

What's that saying? "If it sounds too good to be true ..."

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
I've used similar products (Sony Glasstron, etc.) with VR applications. It takes a good bit of tweaking to get a crisp image. For extreme space limitations these may be a good idea...

Ronn.W

Second Unit
I won a Philips Scuba set a few years ago. Basically the exact same thing, but much larger, heavier and clunkier. I would get a decent picture with it, but it was not the same as watching it on a big screen, it was the same as watching it on a small screen, an inch or so away from the eyeball.

I assume the newer technology helps a lot with weight and quality, but from my previous experience these would only be good for airplanes and the like. I don't think you could watch movies on it regularly, and I don't think you'd want to.

Greg_R

Screenwriter
Real Name
Greg
For our applications it looked like a 50-60" TV (we weren't using a hi-res source). On higher res or film sources (which I haven't tried) the image may be degraded. Size does become a factor after while (viewer fatigue)...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks