Cheap and Great Long Component Cables for Projector

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Bruce Cadotte, Feb 24, 2002.

1. Bruce Cadotte

Bruce Cadotte Stunt Coordinator

Dec 21, 2001
    After testing and using my new projector on a table in front of the screen(about 10-11 feet away)i decided to

mount it to the ceiling.

i needed about 25 feet of component cables from the DVD Player to the Projector vs. the 12 feet of "Better Cables"

Component Cables i was using when the Projector was on the floor.

Not wanting to spend a lot of money right now(wife wants a new car) i went to Radio Shack to see what they have,while looking for 3 cheap Yellow RCA video Cables(they did not have any longer then 12 feet in stock)a got a idea looking at their RG-6U Quad Shielding Coax Cable at $19.99 for 25 Feet and 6 Coax to RCA adapter for $1.50 ea. why not use this until i am ready to spend a lot of money for long component cables from "Better Cables".

i hooked it up and marking each cable with colored tape

and WOW in a good way,i had JP 3 in the DVD Player

from before and it looked so much better,with no changes to the settings just placement,so total about $80.00

vs how many hundreds from "Better Cable".
  2. Matt Stryker

Matt Stryker Screenwriter

Oct 12, 2000
    Bruce- I've used RG-6 with screw in RCA ends for subwoofer cable before, and it is a great way to get quality sound over moderate distance.
    You might also try ; they usually have good prices on good quality cables.
  3. Kevin Coleman

Kevin Coleman Second Unit

Jul 3, 1999
    As long as everything you used (especially the F-Connectors and RCA adapters) is 75 OHM you will be in good shape. In fact they will probably look just as good as the "Better Cables"
    Kevin C. [​IMG]