cheap amps in thailand

Discussion in 'AV Receivers' started by AlexKunec, May 3, 2003.

1. AlexKunec

AlexKunec Stunt Coordinator

My brother is going to thailand right away, and i was wondering if amps would be a lot cheaper there. Im looking for something like a bryston, krell, or rotel or anything similar. I heard that most electronics are cheaper, but i just dont know about the high end audio market.

2. Khoa Tran

Khoa Tran Supporting Actor

I don't think Bryston or Krell makes their equipment overseas...that's just wrong if they do...

3. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Take a look at some of the amps over at RedRose Music. Those are made overseas and then have their prices jacked up here by 10 to 20 times. Send your brother the pictures. While they won't have the Red Rose tag on them, they may have someone elses. This kind of stuff goes on all the time.

4. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

And make sure you check for voltage compatibility before you buy, although I'm sure converters are available.

5. Jack Briggs

Jack Briggs Executive Producer

High-end manufacturers are pretty strict about who sells their equipment, and for the most part no discounts are allowed. You won't find bargain-basement deals on any Krell equipment.

6. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

Well Jack, I once owned a genuine "Polex"...maybe he'll find a "Krull" [​IMG]

7. hwshi

hwshi Stunt Coordinator

alex i've been to thailand quite a bit, any "real" high end equipment will cost the same or more, only stuff made in asia might be cheaper. and definitely buyer beware, if it's too good to be true it is probably a copy(and they can be very well done"!
    however certain items can be found cheaper, i.e.mini discs,vcd players...and somethings can be over-runs from warehouses that are not claimed, and find their way to stalls.