What's new

Chasing Amy Question (1 Viewer)

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Can somebody enlighten me on the DVD of "Chasing Amy" ....
Is this (to be out in April it says) .....
http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/dvd.cfm?itemID=BVD017244
...the same as this Oct. 2001 version?.....
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/AS...512912-2302425
If yes is the correct answer, then this has got to be the cheapest Criterion DVD ever!! DDD says it's just $19.95 MSRP! They're usually $39.
This leads me to think, despite the same DVD cover, that this April release is a stripped-down version of the previous one.
Anybody know if all the extras are on the cheaper one??
Thanks for any aid.

Joshua Moran

Supporting Actor
I think this is a repricing of the Criterion version. Viewaskew.com doesn't show another release of Chasing amy and Kevin Smith is really good about keeping everyone informed.

David Von Pein

Senior HTF Member
Thanks Josh/Bob....

But DDD says it's not out till 4/2?? But under "April" releases, I can't find it. Or could it be simply DDD's "re-stock" date?

Anyway, thanks again for the info.

(Mighty cheap for Criterion, wouldn't you say? Looks like a good extras pjg. too. Anybody got a review for me?)

Adam_S

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Adam_S
I saw this on the dvdtalk bargains page when the chasing amy criterion first popped up at DDD for 14.95.

I ordered it about three weeks ago, and recieved it about a week and a half ago, it's indeed the criterion version, with all the extras that have been on every pressing of the disc. I wonder if the studio/production company licensing it to criterion wanted the price dropped since it's an older disc and sales volume are probably down due to the high price, which would explain dropping it to the 19.95 msrp. That said I've asloseen teh disc, new, at my local suncoast for 24.95, so maybe it's already been marked down.

now if only they'd drop rushmore and armageddon as well :p

(two I really want but haven't gotten yet)

Adam

Guy Martin

Second Unit
Adam-

If you like High Fidelity and Rushmore and you don't already have HF you can find a two-pack of them going for about $35-40 at some places. It's the same discs, just shrinkwrapped together. And yes, even though the two-pack was put together by Disney, the Rushmore is the Criterion version.

- Guy

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks