What's new

Charmed: The Complete Series is COMING!!! (1 Viewer)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
That's right... They are releasing a Charmed: The Complete Series set. But not just one... 2 versions of the complete series! a regular complete series set and a Limited Deluxe Edition complete series set.

This is one show I always said I would do a double dip on if something worthwhile was released... looks like I may be looking at the Limited Deluxe Edition set... if not TOO expensive!

Can't wait for more detail!

Don Giro

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Don
I was hoping they'd release a box set of the entire series, so for once, I didn'y collect the individual seasons. I'm glad I held out! Thanks for the news...

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I had the feeling there would be one from the start too... but this being one of my all-time favorite series I wasn't going to chance it... and thought I better support the season releases as well (I have bought them not only for myself... but as gifts for a family member too).

So I am not really disappointed this time... as I kinda saw it coming and accepted it from the time I first purchased season 1.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
I own the eight boxed sets for this series, but depending on what this deluxe edition entails, I might consider double-dipping for it. The details are sketchy at the moment. I'll be keeping an eye out for what will be included with the deluxe edition.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Oh yeah... I definitely agree there. If there isn't enough new in the set there is no need to double dip on it. I would definitely need to see more then just fancy packaging... probably much more.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Most definitely. I'd love to see some interviews with Shannen Doherty, although I'm not holding my breath for that one. ;)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
That would be awesome to see... but unfortunately I don't see much of any chance of that happening. Of course Holly is my favorite... so I would love to see plenty with her! As well as other good substantial extras.

Of course I would also like to possibly see a couple interactive features... maybe a tour of the manor & P3... possibly be able to flip through the pages of the book of shadows. Stuff like that would be fun too.

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
2 things:

a) the unaired pilot

and b) a ouija board for the Limited Deluxe set !!!

chadHobbick

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Chad
There is a Ouija board from the series that came out, but it's hella-expensive and i think out of print now. I'm betting the complete series will look like the ones that came out overseas, different ones for different regions I belive. I wouldn't be surprised if it looked like the legendary Book of Shadows ala the SatC box set. That would be cool in my book.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
The Book of Shadows packaging would be awesome! If by any chance that is the case... I would love to see it come with some sort of small pedestal to rest the book on.

Imagine all that... book of shadows package with pedestal... ouiji board (like on the show)... and lots of extras (including Unaired Pilot... and Shannen Doherty involvement!)... if all that came to be... I would be afraid I couldn't afford it! :laugh:

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Pete,

Piper has always been my favorite as well, right from the very first episode. It was interesting watching how she went from being the middle sister to the oldest sister in Season Four. That transition (from an acting standpoint) was quite challenging. Some of her best work occurred IMO during and esp. after All Hell Breaks Loose.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Yeah... Holly did a wonderful job going from middle to oldest sister!

I... like I am sure many fans... was worried when season 4 came and we had such a huge cast change. I thought for sure that would be the end of the series. And even though I know of several people that disagree... I thought everyone did an outstanding job with it! I was worried I would hate Paige... but was no time before she got acclimated and was fitting right in.

I for one loved the series from the pilot episode to the series finale. Not only that... I personally felt this series has one of the best series finales I have ever seen. I loved every second of it!

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Pete,

I actually can enjoy the series as if it had two series finales--the one at the end of season seven, and of course, the real series finale, concluding season eight. :)

BTW, I too thought Paige did an excellent job fitting in after Prue died. I really appreciated how they handled that death--no one really knew who 'died' at the conclusion of the third season, and it could have ended up being either one of the three. Two standout episodes from the third season--Death Of a Halliwell and All Hell Breaks Loose (the former foreshadowing Prue's ultimate demise)--were IMO very well-written. I will never forget the special effect/technique used for the gliding of the Seekers. It was like nothing else I had ever seen on television up to that time. I cannot imagine capturing a demonic presence or entity better than they did for those demons.

If I had one regret with the series, it would be that Cole was only in seasons 3-5. How I loved his wonderful appearance in season seven (The Seven Year Itch). I do wish that somehow, someway, he and Phoebe could have rectified their relationship.

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I personally dislike the last few seasons of the show (I felt like the show stopped taking itself seriously and became a cartoon), but a complete series set would be worth getting if the packaging and price is right

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete

I was right there with you until the last part. Of course only my opinion... but I personally couldn't stand Cole! He was my least favorite character of the entire series. I know that is not a popular opinion... but none the less it is mine. :P

To be honest with you... I can't even justify it... there was just something about him that just rubbed me the wrong way.

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Pete,

I've fixed my post. Just kidding. ;)

Yeah, I just liked the chemistry, and the concept (of Cole). I enjoyed the tension he brought to the show. I liked how he would seemingly want the girls to be caught, yet he almost always came to their defense. The fight between good and evil (or should I in this case say 'evil and good'?) was filled with energy for me (as a viewer).

Bryan^H

Senior HTF Member
I never picked any seasons on dvd. Amazon had a sale about a month ago with the first 4 seasons for $15 each, and the rest for $20. I almost caved and bought them then.

What's the show like? A friend told me not to waste my time and called the series a huge Buffy clone. It still looks interesting to me though.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete

Believe it or not... I agree with everything you said. I don't have any rational reason for not liking him. I actually think he added ALOT to the series... but for some reason... whenever I see him on the screen... something in me just don't like him! I know... weird... but that is the way it is. :P

About 6 months ago (or so) I started a Charmed Marathon. due to a sickness in the family I had to stop the marathon after watching only 2 seasons. Well all this talk today got me in the mood again... so I am continuing that marathon now. I started season 3 over again today. On the second episode (Magic Hour). And I am planning to go all the way through the end of the series. :D

Ockeghem

Ockeghem
Senior HTF Member
Deceased Member
Real Name
Scott D. Atwell
Well, I loved it. I loved the witchcraft used in it; the chemistry of the girls; the dark quality of the scripts; and the premise of the show. And Charmed also got me into several solo artists and/or bands that I might otherwise have missed had I not seen the early years, in which a group was often featured in 'live' performance either at Quake or P3 (or ... wait for it ... the SPOT! ;)). Nina Gordon (formerly of Veruca Salt) is one such artist whose music I sought out after having heard a track of hers (Tonight and the Rest of My Life) in an episode of Charmed. Another is The Cranberries.

I've never seen Buffy (I know, shame on me). Sorry I can't comment on that comparative aspect.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ertugrul
Recent bookmarks