What's new

Charmed: Season 8 with Extras!?!?! (1 Viewer)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
It is reported that season 8 of Charmed will have extras.

See here at TVShowsonDVD.com

It is reported that Charmed will have extras starting with season 8... but the 8th season is the final season of the series. This gives me mixed feelings. One thing... I am thrilled to finally seeing Charmed get some extras... but on the other hand... not till the last season of the series?

Or maybe... Could I be lucky enough that it is a typo at TVShowsonDVD.com?? Could it be starting season 6 or season 7? Doubtful... I am not that lucky... but woohoo! atleast we will get some Charmed extras! :)

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
No, it's season 8, the final season. I just woke up and I forgot how many seasons Charmed ran for (I was thinking 9 or 10).

Gord

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Thanks Gord...
No prob... I am just thrilled that Season 8 will have extras! I can't wait! and I am completely shocked to hear that we should be able to finish the series by the end of the year! I love that they put this show on the fast track! :D :emoji_thumbsup:

LCD22

Screenwriter
Now I hope CBS would get control and release "MacGyver" properly to DVD. There's one more season left (only 14 episodes, so there's plenty of room for extras, including the two made-for-TV movies). I think we fans deserve something more after Paramount has been throwing this out on the market. Richard Dean Anderson's short-lived series "Legend" would be the logical follow-up to "MacGyver" on DVD.

Pete Battista, that's great that CBS listened. This thread caught my attention. Though I'm not a "Charmed" fan, I'm surprise to hear that the final season is getting extras. I wish something could be done with Paramount's other highly popular TV-on-DVD series.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete

Yeah... I am hoping that this is the start of them all getting extras... I do like Macgyver (not as much as Charmed) enough to slowly collect the series... I have the first 2 seasons so far... but do plan on getting them all eventually. So I also hope the last season will get some extras... or atleast the reunion movies added in.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I would love to see that.... but not getting my hopes up... personally I would be surprised if we get anything more then a couple interviews/featurettes. Don't get me wrong... I will be thrilled to see any extras at this point! :)

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
go figure, season 8... most old Charmed fans are over the show at this point, why suddenly deliver extras when the show is crap and when most of the fans from the Prue days bailed out awhile back?

I can't name one show that has jumped as badly as Charmed has the past two seasons. Why even bother with season 8 since most people I know are stopping either with season 4 or 6.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I personally love all 8 seasons of Charmed!

but I do understand your frustration. I would have loved to seen extras on all the seasons... but not much we can do about it.

LCD22

Screenwriter

I only have the first season on DVD (someone else bought it) with the edited "Thief of Budapest". If they put extras and the two reunion movies I'll definitely get it around release date.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
I don't know how MacGyver got into this discussion, but since that door was opened don't count on CBS ever getting control just because it was produced by Paramount. This was an ABC series. Paramount has the rights.

Jeff#

Screenwriter
Charmed is another series I would never buy, although I've seen every episode when they first aired on the WB from the start....except one: When Leo disappeared this season. Does anyone know if the WB network will air that again and what Sunday evening it will be shown in the weeks to come? I don't remember Brian Krause being written out of the series properly. It's been at least 6 or 7 weeks now since they've had a new episode, so with back to back repeat episodes for the past month & 1/2 that I didn't bother to tune in for, I probably missed it again.

LCD22

Screenwriter

Both "MacGyver" and "Charmed" are Paramount's most sold TV-on-DVD series. Fans of both series have been asking for extras since they first were released. I was the one who started the "MacGyver" discussion.

Garysb

Senior HTF Member
"I probably missed it again. "

Yes you did. It was repeated a couple of weeks ago.

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member

Jeff, CBS Home Video has taken over all the Paramount titles (the pure Paramount titles, not MTV/Spike/Comedy Central...). That's why we've started to see CBS logos on the set, and extras added to some sets Paramount didn't care about (AKA most of them).

Charmed is a Spelling title that was being released by Paramount.

Gord

RoryR

Stunt Coordinator
This is great news, nice to see somebody at CBS isn't on drugs. I can not imagine how somebody would just wake up and think it is a good idea to not put Extra's on anything other than Star Trek? Hopefully we can find this guy at a convention and teach him a lession :D

Worship Les Moonves!

Tabetha

Agent
You know I wouldn't doubt it if the only reason we get extras on Season 8 of Charmed is because they know it wasn't a popular season with most fans and wouldn't sell well other wise. They want people to buy it so they load it up with extras.

Tabbi

Gord Lacey

Senior HTF Member
Tabetha, the producers have wanted to put extras on ALL the sets, but Paramount wasn't interested. This is happening now because the title moved over to CBS, and they don't have the time to get them on seasons 6 and 7.

Gord

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation715
Recent bookmarks