What's new

Charmed: Season 8 Finally Officially Announced! (1 Viewer)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
I just saw the back cover art at dvdempire.com and it looks like we won't be getting the original pilot either. Atleast it is not listed in the extras. I knew the chances were slim... but I was hoping.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
My set shipped from Amazon today. so should be here in 2 or 3 days. It is almost sad that there is no more Charmed to collect... unless of course they release a complete series set! :P

I also wish Amazon shipped in time for them to actually get to you by release date instead of shipping on release date... but thats ok... I can wait another couple days... I think. :P

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

I hear ya, Pete. Fortunately for me, I have Amazon Prime, so that the free two-day shipping DOES mean that I get them the day they're ``released''. I've already watched the first two eps of the last season, and I have to say that it really does stink that they couldn't get the theme song for this final season when they had for the previous seven. What the divil happened? :frowning:

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
That is cool... that you get it on release date.

Who the hell knows what happen with the theme song! All I know is that it looks aweful cheap on Paramount's part! Looks like we got extras in place of the theme song.... and if that was the case.... even though I love extras... I would have prefer the theme song! It is definitely a let-down! :frowning:

But hey... at least we can enjoy the episodes! :)

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

I'd rather have the original theme song...and the extras. Oh well. I just hit the next chapter button when the new ``theme song'' starts playing to avoid it.

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete

Oh... so would I! But If I had to choose between the 2 I would have rather had the Theme.

So then the chapters is set right to just skip the theme?... very cool!... that will defiitely help. :)

Pete Battista

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
OMG!.... I am so in shock! My set shipped from Amazon just yesterday (or so says the email they sent)... and it arrived today!!!
htf_images_smilies_banana.gif

I am so looking forward to checking this set out... even with the replaced theme... which I may watch once in the set... just to see how bad it really is... and then skip it with the rest of the episodes.

I have 1 episode of Dark Angel left to watch for the marathon I am doing right now... then I will be popping in this set to check out! :D

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Congrats! Yes, the chapters skip the replaced theme music and start right with the transition into the ep after the opening sequence before the music. Enjoy! :)

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
3 Easter eggs on the DVD

On the main menu, highlight subtittles, and press up to locate a triquetra on Phoebe's arm. (insight on the Infamous tape ball)

On the Episode Selection screen, highlight Forever Charmed and press over, to reveal another triquetra on Phoebe's arm (this reveals a sneak peek at the 150th episode party)

On the bonus menu selection, highlight either Forever Charmed, or Main Menu and press over, to reveal a triquetra on Billie's wrist (interview with prop manager)

it's on youtube

LindseyS

Stunt Coordinator
How bad is the music replacement? I'm sure I'll get the set regardless, but I'm curious. I know they cleared everything for the earlier seasons, I wonder what the change was here?

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan

Most definitely the theme song. After seven seasons had it, now the final doesn't, and extras are the sop we get in its place. :angry:

SteveJ2006

Auditioning
Real Name
Steve James
So have we determined whether anything else on the Season 8 episodes has been changed other than the theme song? I'm never good at telling these things, and I don't have the original episodes on tape to verify either.

Anyone found any other changes?

Firebee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dan
Finally finished ``Charmed'' S8 this evening. What a great show. The first show that I ever watched was the series finale, if you can believe it, so it was so nice to be able to watch all of it on DVD and finish it at my pace and finally figure out how the characters got to where they were when the series ended. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
H-508
Recent bookmarks