Charmed: Season 7 announced!

Pete Battista

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Charmed: Season 7 has been Announced! Unfortunately they couldn't make the Christmas goal for the series... but I for one am thrilled!

I know many didn't like the later seasons... but I for one enjoyed every episode from start to that amazing finish!

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
I'm with you Pete. all the way.
Although I already own the R4 copies of all seasons 1-7 (cheaper than R2) I will consider buying Season 7 R1 if it comes with a different cover (which for the R2/R4 was horrible) or with a different set of menus like I double-dipped for S3, S5 and S6

Too bad they didnt meet the Xmas goal, indeed, I was hoping for a late January simutanesly release for Season 8 R1 R2 R4 which will include -finally- extras!

Pete Battista

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Unfortunately I don't have a multi-region player... so I just waiot out the releases for region 1.

I am guessing here... but seems like the seasons are coming out every 4 months... so I am thinking we should see Season 8 in June. And finally see some extras!

According to TVShowsonDVD.com Brad Kern is trying to get the Original Unaired Pilot for Season 8... I would love to see him be able to work that out! What an awesome extra that would be!

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
too bad they're putting all the good extras on season 8. The majority of Charmed fans I know gave up after season 3 or 4 at the latest, yet some might feel the need to buy the last season for the extras.

Pete Battista

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Yeah... I know a few that stopped after season 3 or 4 also... but in my case the majority of the fans I know is sticking to it till the end.

I really can not wait to see the list of extras for season 8... and here season 7 was just announced!

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
I don't think latter Charmed was dreadfully bad, just to me that it lost an irreplacable part of the show when Shannen left, and then after Julian McMahon left (Cole was in essence the Angel type male character everyone loved to watch whether good or evil), it really went downhill and became the Piper and Leo show.

Pete Battista

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
LOL... I guess that is why I love the show so much till the end... I know ppl will be shocked at this... since it seems like everyone I know loved him... but I absolutely hated Cole... the whole time... whether he was good or bad.

And my favorite character is definitely Piper!
So I didn't mind one bit of all the storylines that went on for Piper and Leo... though I did hate to see Piper go through so much hurt and hard times on the show. Seemed like every time you turned around she was being hurt.

But yeah... I can understand... I still missed Prue through-out the series. Of course I also liked Paige so... not like the replacement didn't work for me.

Pete Battista

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
LOL... that she was.
I tell you... I know a lot of ppl said it was time to end the show... and I understand that it probably was about time. But it seemed strange to me this season not to see Charmed on TV Sunday nights!

I finally received Charmed: The Complete 6th Season in the mail just a couple days ago... Think I may watch a few episodes later!

Pete Battista

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Charmed: Season 7 is released tomorrow. I have had my pre-order at Amazon in for it since Oct. 28th!
I am hoping they send it out soon... I can't wait to get started on this set!

Now bring on the release info for season 8!... and the Extra Features List that will be included!

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
You do know that German R2 Season 8 got screwed and got a different THEME SONG on each episode right?

I hope that doesnt happen for R1 or R4

see the altered theme here: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=demiscy
Already notified Gord to check this out but it is highly impossible since it hasn't eben been announced yet for R1

The only consolation is the extras:

[url=http://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/6/6e/htf_imgcache_5455.jpeg][/url] [url=http://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/8/81/htf_imgcache_5456.jpeg][/url] [url=http://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/b/ba/htf_imgcache_5457.jpeg][/url] [url=http://static.hometheaterforum.com/imgrepo/9/9e/htf_imgcache_5458.jpeg][/url]

Extra Special Features (subject to change):
  • Commentaries;
    • 8.01- Still Charmed And Kicking
    • 8.10- Vaya Con Leos
    • 8.22- Forever Charmed
  • Gag Reel
  • Featurettes;
    • The Making Of Charmed
    • Charmed: The Manor
    • The Story Of Charmed: Genesis
    • The Story Of Charmed: Charmed Again
    • Forever Charmed

Pete Battista

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete
Thanks Demis... I really hope the theme don't get replaced here!

Looks like a good selection of extras... would love to get all that. (and more if possible!)

I am hoping we won't have to wait too long for the info.

Edit:
The commentaries... were any of them with the stars? I prefer the star commentaries.

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
NO unfortunately. The girls didnt have the chance to have a commentary. Only Brian on the VAYA CON LEOS episode

Jay_B!

Screenwriter
why do I have a strong suspiscion that by the end of the year, we'll likely get a collectable "Book Of Shadows" complete series box set with a ton of extras spanning the other seven seasons that were ignored originally by Paramount?

Demis G

Second Unit
Real Name
Demetris G
Well.. Region 4 already got a Book of shadows Limited edition and I doubt there will be one for another region. It was Australia's exclusive.

R2 gets the Charmed CHEST which you can see over at play.com in detail.

R1 remains to be seen...

Pete Battista

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Pete

I wouldn't be surprised if they come outwith some sort of complete series after (or When) season 8 is released. I normally don't upgrade series when this happens... but with Charmed I would have to consider it!

I would especially like a Book of Shadows complete set.

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anthonydasher