What's new

Charlize Theron DVD recommendations? (1 Viewer)

Michael Reuben

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Michael Reuben
2 Days in the Valley. Not a great DVD, but it was the role that got her discovered. She has some amazing scenes with James Spader and Terri Hatcher.
Reindeer Games -- but make sure it's the director's cut, which is a better film and has more of her (in all ways possible).
There's a lot of her in Mighty Joe Young, but there's not much else worthwhile in the film.
M.

Jason Whyte

Screenwriter
Bank: Link Removed Link Removed
epi101_photo1.jpg

[email protected] 2001 Film List I Am Jack's DVD List
"Are we gonna let the elevator bring us down?
Oh no! Let's go...let's go crazy!" Prince, Purple Rain
My Own Film Review Website Is Coming Soon!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
Trial & Error.
One of her first movies
Shes really young & hot!
------------------

Bruce Hedtke

Senior HTF Member
Though I can't recommend the film itself, Charlize was brilliant in The Yards. Her finest acting performance to date. But, since the film was such an atrocity, skip it and watch Devil's Advocate. Her acting is fine but it is, um, outshined by 3 seconds of film.
Bruce
------------------
mstprev.gif

Welcome aboard the Satellite of Love

Deepak Shenoy

Supporting Actor
I would definitely recommend 2 Days in the Valley - a great but underrated ensemble cast flick in which Charlize Theron has some interesting scenes (including a catfight with Teri Hatcher and a topless scene).

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I'll second The Yards for both the film, one of the best of 2000, and for Theron's best performance to date. I also highly recommend her amusing but brief turn as a self centered supermodel in Woody Allen's 1998 film, Celebrity.
[Edited last by Thomas T on October 13, 2001 at 10:44 PM]

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
First off, Charliez Theron is one of the most drop dead gorgeous woman on this planet! But is it just me, or is anyone else getting tired of seeing her lose her mind and cry in movies!? That said, I loved her in 2 Days in the Valley if you know what I mean, and I think you do!
yum.gif

------------------
God bless the USA and the men and woman of our military and their families!

Kimmo Jaskari

Screenwriter
Another recommendation for "Trial and Error". The movie was pretty funny in itself and as has been said already, Charlize Theron is absolutely... well, I hate to use the word "adorable" but it's the only one I can think of that fits.
wink.gif

Come to think of it, have to put it on the to-get list.
------------------
/Kimmo

bill lopez

Second Unit
I wonder how come she doesn't date big name stars the way Gwyneth Paltrow and Wyona Ryder do. She's much more sexy.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation111
Recent bookmarks