Charlie's Angels Season 3 in '06!!!

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Dan*T, Sep 7, 2005.

1. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

Great news for Charlie's Angels Fans!!
    tvshowsondvd.com & Charliesangels.com have both posted news that Season 3 is tentativly set to be released on April 26/06.
    Persistance pays off!!
    Thanks to everyone who emailed Sony demanding that we get another release!! It was the fans who made this happen.
    Keep the emails flowing, we still have two more seasons to be released for the complete series!!

2. David Lambert

David Lambert Executive Producer

Dan, you meant "April 25"; the 26th is a Wednesday.

To be accurate about what you said, though: **CharliesAngels.com** posted news with that date. **WE** (TVShowsOnDVD) posted news saying that the set is being worked on, but Sony doesn't know why that date was mentioned publicly as it is basically just a dart on a dartboard right now, and they recommend that you don't mark that specific day on your calendar.

It WILL come, if all goes well. And yeah, it'll be in the Spring 2006 timeframe. But don't count on that particular date...yet.

3. Emma-A

Emma-A Auditioning

That's great news..!! I can't wait to the release!!

Sorry David for posted a new thread...I didn't see this one.

4. Ron Lee Green

Ron Lee Green Supporting Actor

I wonder what style the packaging will be this time around? Remember the first 2 season sets were completely different. Season one used slim cases in different shades of blue and purple, and the season two set had a book-style package. I guess I should just be happy to see year 3 finally coming out--but it would be nice to have some sort of consistency.

5. MattHR

MattHR Screenwriter

Columbia will probably use their now-standard ThinPaks, and most likely the double-disc version, to keep the size of the set compact.

My Season 1 came with artwork for the ThinPaks:

http://home.mn.rr.com/starvinmarvin/images/angels1.JPG

Actually, I made them myself. Those generic blue-tinted, sleeveless ThinPaks were pretty lame. But if I recall correctly, CA:S1 was one of the first uses of the ThinPaks. If there was ever a re-pressing of the set, I'd hope they'd use actual sleeve art this time.

edit: fixed link

6. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

I personally prefer the book style pkg used in Season 2 as well as the Starsky & Hutch Season sets. I also HATE double sided disks, but Sony seems to stay away from those thankfully!!

7. Dean C

Dean C Second Unit

Again. Where is it then. In Canada we are getting left out.

I want it cause Stephen Collins is in an episode and Farrah Fawcett returns.

8. mickeyTOR

mickeyTOR Agent

Hey Dean - Season 3 was released here in Canada back in July - just like it was in the US.

I'm now wondering if Season 4 or 5 (the Kate Jackson-less years) will ever get released.

9. Dan*T

Dan*T Supporting Actor

I hope they finish up the series with seasons 4 & 5.
    It may take a while, but being an iconic show of the '70's, we may still see it. Hopefully sooner than later!!

10. Jon Baker

Jon Baker Stunt Coordinator

I hope so. I always looks forward to the latter seasons of these shows when the cast changes and the show turns into a disaster. Shelley Hack couldn't fit the Angels mold and was replaced by Tanya Roberts in season 5.

I'm also hoping to see a release of the final season of Hardy Boys/Nancy Drew in which Pamela Sue Martin was replaced by Janet Louise Johnson.