What's new

Charlie's Angels 2 - Theatrical MAR / Unrated OAR? (1 Viewer)

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
This from the Digital Bits makes me wonder... Is the theatrical version of Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle only going to be available MAR?

Columbia TriStar has announced its 10/21 release slate. In addition to Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (in both PG-13/full frame and Unrated/widescreen versions), look for a 2-pack of Charlie's Angels: Superbit and Charlie's Angels: Full Throttle (Unrated widescreen).
If I choose to pick this one up, I would most likely get the Unrated version, but I would still like to know that the theatrical version is available OAR...

Travis_W

Supporting Actor
This seems to be happening alot lately. Artisan is doing the same thing with 'Boat Trip'. Not that I care about that film. And Dreamworks did it recently with 'Old School' (although the unrated us in both widescreen and fullscreen). To me this is pretty bad considering places like Wal-Mart will only stock the rated version, thus many people taking home a fullscreen DVD.

Aaron Garman

Second Unit
Just ridiculous. Just make the movie available in OAR in all versions. Or, just give us a Superbit Deluxe right off the bat because we know it's coming.

AJG

Jeffrey Gray

Second Unit
This is a somewhat stupid move; they seem to think that the enthusiasts who care about OAR will always buy the unrated version. It is like that in some cases...but not all.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Well you (the collective "you," the royal "you") would have complained if they'd done what American Pie did, which was to release four versions

Unrated Widescreen
Unrated Fullscreen
Rated Widescreen
Rated Fulscreen

Frankly I think Charlie did a wise thing releasing his angels in one two rather than four DVDs. It's tough enough hunting for the widescreen versions, I don't want to have to hunt through 3 versions I don't want to find the one I do.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
So I am correct in my understanding of what I wrote in my original post?

Remember when we use to be able to trust this studio to do the right thing...? :frowning:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Larsenv
Recent bookmarks