What's new

Charlie Sheen to Rehab.. (2 1/2 Men) (1 Viewer)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
Where is that story coming from? I don't think a judge would issue a warrant based on a tabloid rumour. I think they'd have to have received a tip from a knowledgeable source, but now I'm really going into legal areas that I am not sure about. I agree with your premise that a celeb gets away with a lot more than you or I would.

Zack Gibbs

Screenwriter
Originally Posted by Brent M

Smart law enforcement generally have better things to do than trying to prosecute someone for having a good time-- whether you're famous or not.

Drug investigations are about finding a prosecuting drug dealers, the average users that get prosecuted are just pawns of the process. Caught either from extreme stupidity, or because they might flip a dealer. None of this applies to Sheen.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
Another good reason for the police not wanting to waste their time is that one of the ladies that he was partying with was probably all too happy to steal anything incriminating (whatever the amount) before the police or ambulance arrived.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by Zack Gibbs

Drug investigations are about finding a prosecuting drug dealers, the average users that get prosecuted are just pawns of the process. Caught either from extreme stupidity, or because they might flip a dealer. None of this applies to Sheen.

All I know is that it seems like there are always stories on the news about people getting busted for having pot plants in their house or weed in their car. Here you have a guy with Scarface-levels of cocaine in his possession and the police don't follow up on it? I agree that if they hear about it on The Insider or Access Hollywood that's not exactly reason for an investigation, but if you have someone show up at the hospital with elevated levels in their system it only makes sense that the police would have a good reason to check out his house. I still maintain that if this were an "average Joe" he'd already be thrown in the can for his behavior.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Limited resources, Brent. They can focus on people who are hurting others, or they can focus on people who are mainly just hurting themselves. It's why they target drug dealers instead of drug addicts, and it's why they target pimps instead of johns.

David_Jr

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Dave
I had noticed over the last season or so that Charlie was looking pretty rough around the edges compared to previously. Also since they dumped the fiance the show has kind of lost its way. They had been focusing on Charlie's philandering early on then his wanting to settle down, but can't quite for several years. Now he just sits on the couch and drinks and occassionally Rose gets dropped in an episode. If it weren't for Alan, the show would have no real place to go. He apparently has no shame because they humiliate him time and time again. Jake is also much less interesting than he used to be when he was a cute/dumb kid. I don't see the show lasting much longer unless they can find another story line to follow with Charlie.

Will_B

Senior HTF Member
Why no bust? Because he's rich. "Mr. Sheen draws a lot of water in this town. You don't draw squat, Lebowski."

Hanson

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Hanson
Originally Posted by Mikah Cerucco

*90 percent of "avid fans" don't think drug and alcohol abuse problems matter as long as Sheen does a good job on the show.

And yet they can't pass a measure to legalize drugs? I don't get it. It's like people accept it on a social level but still want to stigmatize it as illegal.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Originally Posted by DaveF

Unfortunately, Two and a Half Men is becoming so vulgar that it's less a comedy and more biography on Charlie Sheen. I can only assume that Chuck Lorre is taking notes from Charlie's real life for the script.

Maybe if Charlie recovers, the show will too.

My exact feelings. Haven't watched the show in several years, much better things available elsewhere. He may be the "star" but this show is held together by the supporting characters. His mother, Rose, his maid etc. The show would be nothing without them.

Stan

Senior HTF Member
Haven't watched Two and a half Men in several years. Big emply half hour gap in my Monday programming that used to be enjoyable.

Was at my doctors' office today thumbing through People Magazine. Showed a picture of him in his home theater watching the Superbowl. Home "rehab", must be tough.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
In what has to be one of the craziest moments of the young year, Charlie Sheen goes on a radio program run by conspiracy theorists at InfoWars, and goes batshit. He calls out Chuck Lorre as a "hack" and claims without him, Lorre would be out of the business; claims he was never an addict and he can get over it with the powers "OF MY MIND" in a very loud voice, calls alcoholics anonymous a cult, and pronounces that people should drink his urine for proof he's not intoxicated. He then has a second rant about how he thinks he's being screwed out of money. It's insane.

But also entertaining.

http://www.deadline.com/2011/02/charlie-sheen-assails-two-and-a-half-men-creator-chuck-lorre/#comment-724996

http://rss.infowars.com/20110224_Thu_Alex.mp3 (NOTE: The interview is like 1/3rd of the way in or something, definitely skip the crazy rant about conspiracies at the beginning)

Some of it is a RIOT.

“I’m an F-18 and will deploy my ordinance to the ground.”

I am a vatican assassin killer warlock.. WINNING. I am winning, they just don't know it!

hahahahahahahahahahha

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Soooooo, things should be really comfortable on the set when they go back to work. The ironic part is all the stuff playing out between them in the press is wildly more entertaining than the damn show itself.

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
http://rss.infowars.com/20110224_Thu_Alex.mp3

It's past the halfway point, but OMG, it is one of the craziest things "I am tougher then Thomas Jefferson! He was a pussy!" "I'm Winning!" "CBS Can't live without me" "It's lonely at the top" "Major League 3 is the next THE STING" (there already has been a Major League 3, but I guess this is another sequel or he forgot about that" "I am a crazed vatican assasin, I will fly up in a plane and bang whores because I am winning"

This interview is INFINITELY more entertaining then anything that has ever been on 2.5 Men

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
He has now offered to fight Chuck Lorre in the Octagon and if Chuck lives, he can leave the show (?)

I have no idea how crazy this is going to be. This is what having to digest HUGE ammounts of cocaine in a hurry does to you.

http://www.tmz.com/2011/02/24/charlie-sheen-chuck-lorre-two-and-a-half-men-war-show-bahamas-octagon/#comments-anchor

Charlie said, "I violently hate Chaim Levine (Chuck Lorre). He's a stupid, stupid little man and a p**sy punk that I'd never want to be like." Charlie adds, "That's me being polite."

Charlie is scoffing at all the people around him, saying, "All these guys told me to 'clean it up.' Well this is me cleaning it the f**k up."

Charlie, who insists he's sober, says, "All I want is to bring my family together, and I have to deal with all this B.S. politics."
And as if that's not enough, Charlie says "That piece of s**t [Lorre] took money out of my pocket, my family's pocket, and, most importantly, my second family -- my crew's pocket."

mattCR

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt
Shut down. CBS cans the show for the year and is "evaluating their options" as to moving forward, but words is Lorre has said he wants out. So 2 1/2 men may be dead.

Brent M

Senior HTF Member
Way to go, Charlie. Your actions just put hundreds of people out of work while your day to day life consists of coke-fueled whore benders. What a useless piece of shit!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation921
Recent bookmarks